Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2009, 06:46 AM
Rookie

Unhappy My HIS 4870x2: I don't know what do to now

I bought a HIS 4870x2 on august 2008. The thing has died on me three weeks ago and since then, Iím having tons of problems just to get a RMA number from Lexy Pacific or HIS.

Now my situation is:

1- Lexy pacific is telling me that the warranty is provided by NCIX, my reseller.

2- NCIX is telling me that the warranty is provided by HIS, the manufacturer.

Iím almost certain that NCIX is right because Iíve read on others forums some evidences of users who went trough Lexy pacific for their RMA process but Iím uncertain if they were US or Canadian users.

I've contacted by email Lexy and HIS several times but they are always telling me the same thing.

Is there someone at Hardwarecanucks who has been able to RMA something to HIS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SM
Old April 17, 2009, 07:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmmmmmm That is a strange one.
I just did an RMA on my HIS 2600 without a hitch (other than it taking a little longer than usual).

What exact way did you go about this? What does NCIX list on their site for Warranty Support?
I got my Card from TIger so I am not familiar with the relationship between NCIX and HIS.
Did you get Extended Warranty or something Similar???

I'll help you as much as I can man.
Just help me figure out how you started to go about this.

Thanks,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I cannot see why NCIX would be on the hook for an RMA. Are you sure you are communicating with the right people?
Old April 17, 2009, 07:25 AM
Rookie

No I didnt get any a extra warranty

First thing I did was a RMA request at NCIX. They declined my RMA. Reason: the warranty is provided directly by HIS after the first month. That's their policy for HIS and many other manufacturers.

So, the next day, I contacted Lexy pacific and requested a RMA.
They told me that RMA services are provided by my reseller.

After that, I had exchanged many emails with both companies explaining the situtation and nobody was able to help me.
Old April 17, 2009, 07:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It tends to be like that for most re-sellers , e-tailers.

Okay, get NCIX's Policy on their RMA's (i.e. it saying after 30 days etc etc).
Re-request the RMA on their website, paste that information in there as well.

I have no idea why this is happening for you, but mine went 100% fast and easy to get RMA #.
I don't know what is missing or who you are talking to down there , but somethings up.

Now, just to make sure.
You did send in this Form:
http://www.lexypacific.com/forms/rma.pdf

With a Copy of your Original Invoice correct?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 17, 2009, 07:53 AM
Rookie

Hey Soultribunal, thanks for your time.

I've send the form and my original copy yes. I've also included explanations about NICX. I've done that TWICE. I sent those requests to rma@lexypacific.com. And both times they responded me that I must contact my reseller for RMA services.

I even tried with HIS customer support. Their response:

"Dear x,

Thank you very much for your email.
We are sorry for the problems that you are having with your graphic card;

Please find below information for our RMA service.
Fill out our online form at http://www.lexycomp.com/forms/rma.pdf and return to our local retailer to obtain a RMA no# for following up.

Do feel free to contact our

US customer service hotline #
(408) 331-8847
if you need any further information.

Your satisfaction is very important to us, and once again we apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused.

Warm Regards,
HIS Marketing

I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Old April 17, 2009, 07:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thats a Blanket Email Statement with a Spelling error.
Give it a Day or two and you will Get an Actual Follow up Email.

If you wrote them an email just saying "HI THERE I LOVE YOU!!!" they would send that email back. Its automated.
So far you aren't doing anything wrong by the looks of it, give it a day or two and hopefully an actual person will get back to you. That, or you could give them a Phone call (I did as well before I started with the Forms process).

Regards,
ST

Old April 17, 2009, 08:11 AM
Rookie

That email was from april 3rd. It's already been 2 weeks, and I've got nothing from them. I emailed them (lexy and His) last monday; no response. I think I'm on their ignore list now.

Maybe I should try that hotline number.

SM
Old April 17, 2009, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

get on the phone and start getting some right answers from these people it just sound like your not getting the info to actual people just there computers
Old April 17, 2009, 08:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gotcha, okay yeah somethings wrong there (Even on HIS's Main site I got support right away).
Call their Number, speak with a person and not a machine.
This would be a first for poor Customer Support on HIS's behaf in my experience at least.

That is the best way, make sure if you do have to leave a message of some kind, that you leave your cell # if you have one.

Regards,
ST