Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2009, 07:16 PM
Trial Member

Default ATI Radeon 9700 and Dell 2408WFP

Hi Everyone,

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro running on my Dell 2408WFP in DVI and I am having issues with the monitor going to standby.
Upon turning the computer on the monitor flashes on/off for about 5 minutes. Once it settles down everything runs fine unless I leave my computer for 30 minutes or so. The monitor then goes into standby and I cannot get it out of standby mode. I have to do a hard reset on the computer. My power management options are turned off as well.

I recently upgrade to the latest drivers and this has not helped my situation. From time to time after rebooting I get a message saying that my video card has lost communication with my monitor and the settings have been reset.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old April 11, 2009, 09:18 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

sounds like a possible sync issue between your ol 9700pro and the newer monitor. I'd suggest trying "alternate dvi timings" from the Catalyst Control center advanced panel - see that helps the issue any.