Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6, 2009, 09:57 PM
Top Prospect

Default Which card?

Whats the difference between these two cards?

Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And which one do you suggest i get based on price, manufacturer, and warranties.

Thank you.

Last edited by NexRedshirt; April 6, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old April 6, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The EVGA card is an overclocked card, which will yield better fps in games. In terms of which one is better, I would say the EVGA one is a better deal because you're not stuck with a large MIR, so if it gets refused, you won't have to worry too much about it. That, and the card comes pre-overclocked, so it's a higher binned GPU than the XFX.

Both companies are great, however it depends how you want to upgrade your card in the future. EVGA offers a Step-Up program that allows you to send in your old one in exhange for a newer model, plus the price difference between your old and new card.

XFX, however, offers a double lifetime warranty, so if you sell your card to another person, like in the BST forum here on HWC, that person also gets a lifetime warranty.

Both companies have great turnarounds for RMA, so that's not a good reason to choose EVGA over XFX, or vice versa.

I would personally go for the EVGA card because of the higher clocks on the card and the smaller MIR. I've only dealt with XFX, but from what I hear, the Step-Up program from EVGA is also fairly resonable. It's really up to you. Those are both great products. Hope this helps.
Old April 6, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

MIRs are a paid but I wouldnt go with the EVGA just because its factory overclocked, Im sure you could get the same overclock on both cards. Superclocked cards arent binned differently as far as ive seen, every time ive seen a non factory OCed card vs a vanilla card theyve both hit walls at similar frequencies. I have a 9800GTX+ Superclocked and ive seen quite a few 9800GTX+ vanillas overclock higher then mine without having to do volt mods..

Both companies are awesome, I liked XFX for their double lifetime warrentee because trade up can be a bit hit and miss, you only have 3 months of trade up time so if nothing releases in that time frame that you like then your kinda SOL.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 6, 2009, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Don't forget the support provided by Evga Forums
EVGA GeForce 200 Series

Old April 6, 2009, 10:49 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah my link takes you to the wrong evga card actually. It is supposed to you to the gtx 260 core 216 nm 55 NOT over clocked or superclocked.

So based off of that would you suggestions be the same?

EDIT: ok i updated the first two links.

Last edited by NexRedshirt; April 6, 2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old April 6, 2009, 10:58 PM
Allstar

Get the XFX. You get 2 free games!

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old April 6, 2009, 11:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The link takes you straight to the GeForce 2xx Series Forums......

EDIT: The link I provided I meant....

Anyhow, I've been going Evga for about 5 yrs now, both GPU's and Mobo's,:
1. Great Support Forums (Evga Techs hang out and will provide almost "realtime" PM's).
2. Lifetime Warranty - no "double Lifetime"
3. Step-up - have used it for Mobo
4. Excellent RMA service if needed

They work for me....

Last edited by rjbarker; April 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old April 6, 2009, 11:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
The link takes you straight to the GeForce 2xx Series Forums......
No sorry, not your link, MY main post link.