Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2009, 11:09 AM
Rookie

Default Display Problems

I have 2x295s

and I have been having some problems, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with it. Thanks.

Ok so I have been noticing this for the last week or so any help is really appreciated.

Everytime I restart my PC I will not get a picture, so today I noticed that my bottom GPU was posting the blue light where as usually it is the top card that shows the blue light. So I changed my cable to the bottom card and I get to see everything,

Now on EVGA Precision only one GPU is showing.

Any idea why this is happening, how can I make sure that only my top card is outputting and not my top card. When I am playing or anything, I do not see temps rise above 72C in any game. Although I have noticed the cards not being able to handle HAWX dx10, I am thinking that has something to do with the game and not the card, as all other games run pretty good.

Anyways any help would be good, if you guys need anyother info then let me know and I will provide. Thanks.

If I shut it down completely for a few mins or so, as in turn off the Power switch at the back, and then restart it, everything seems to be fine, any idea as what can cause this?

Also just checked World in Conflict and its definitely not running in multi GPU mode and I do not think it even recognizes the second GPU. Here is a screenshot of the info on the NVidia control panel.

ok dled the latest version of EVGA Precision and now everything seems to be running ok. Will do some tests and report back.But still I would like this to stop, again any help is greatly appreciated thanks :D

Ok now it seems that the second card is not being used at all. When I ran the benchmark for World in Conflict, the performance was really really poor compared to what it used to be before. I had an avg FPS of 74, now it has dropped to less than 40. And the temps for GPU 1 = 48 GPU 2 = 56 GPU 3 = 41 GPU 4 = 42

Now, when I restarted my computer the second card started posting on the display and my top GPU is not being recognized. I am thinking it maybe a problem with the top GPU though I cant be sure. Any help would be great. If there is anything that you guys want me to try that would be fine also, let me know. Thanks loads.
Attached Images