Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm using my 9800GT for physX right now.
Old March 30, 2009, 01:03 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
SLI off you can pick what you want to use for PHYSX..

With SLI on, you choose to enable PHYSX or not, you don't get to choose which one that it does PHYSX with...

So you obviously have it off, pick the 9800GT for PHYSX.. bingo.

With SLI on, I can pick the videocard But I am using a dedicated card for PhysX as well. He isn't using an SLI mobo or capable cards, so he has no options for SLI. All he needs to do is select the 9800GT from the list.
Old March 30, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Then select the other card. That is all you have to do.
Indeed.

It totally appears to be working.

It's really hard to tell.I only got a 1 degree C rise outta the 9800gt doing the physics , but it was waaay smoother.

I'm not sure why I didn't try that....too simple really.I was expecting more interface.

I'm seriously considering installing 'perfkit' to monitor GPU loading but it's a lotta work , and fairly intrusive..

Thanks for the help !

Old March 30, 2009, 08:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have been using a GTX 260 Core 216 SC for rendering and a 8600GT for PhysX, and can choose which to run PhysX on, but to set it up at first I need each card hooked up to it's own monitor, then I remove the second monitor. If using SLi, as far as I know you can only specify if PhysX is GPU or not, not which GPU is dedicated to PhysX.
Old March 30, 2009, 11:04 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchutch View Post
I have been using a GTX 260 Core 216 SC for rendering and a 8600GT for PhysX, and can choose which to run PhysX on, but to set it up at first I need each card hooked up to it's own monitor, then I remove the second monitor. If using SLi, as far as I know you can only specify if PhysX is GPU or not, not which GPU is dedicated to PhysX.

Why do you need to hook up a monitor to it first? I never had to with my setup. And it makes sense that you can't select which GPU to use when using SLI, as both cards are exactly the same.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I need some help with enabling PhysX on my 2nd gtx 260 and my P5Q-E non-SLi board. The screenshots some of you have posted that show a drop down menu beside enable/disable PhysX dosn't show on my "Set PhysX configuration" page. There's only the option to enable or disable and theres no SLi on/off option or SLi focus display drop down.

I'm using Vista 64bit and some have suggested that may be the problem, also some suggested that I need to extend the desktop to a 2nd monitor but I have because I need to do that for folding anyways so thats not the problem. Both cards are recognized and are working well folding but for some odd reason I just can't see the PhysX options in Vista 64bit.

Any clues? lemme know if screenshots are required and I'll post up what may help diagnose my issue. Ohh and I do not have the SLi bridge on because I didn't think I needed it on a crossfire board. anyways folks... :help:

Edit: lowfat your idea about there being no drop down to select which card to use because both are the same might be right, but it sure would be nice if it showed it so I could turn PhysX acceleration off on my primary and turn it on for the 2nd card so to split the workload more effectively. I dunno I'm benchmarking PhysX games and getting the exact same performance so I doubt the 2nd card is pitching in whatsoever.
Old May 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have Tri Sli and a dedicated physx card. So I am covered lol. All you need to do is select it in the drop down menu. It doesn't matter if you have SLI or not.

I am not sure about Alwaysrun's problem though. It should be simple.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."