Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19, 2009, 06:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
You are absolutely right. It seems like some consumers in the industry are defending a double standard: lifetime warranty, and then replace the card in 15 months. Lifetime warranty can only be considered a boon for buyers with an obtusely long ownership or use of it-- in the range of six years or more.

Permission to remove your cooler assembly is a fractured logic because, for about the same amount of money, other partners may offer either superior cooling assemblies as standard equipment, or a redesign to promote more efficient dissipation of heat-- for example, Sapphire's 50%/50% exhaust split design prevents GPU heat near the fan from rolling forward onto the memory and VR modules, and arsy versy.

Fundamentally, this XFX hype is based purely on unsupported, prima facie speculation. We need a couple of more months to evaluate their propositions rather than conjecture its superiority in its infant weeks.
There is no Hype assoicated with it if You've ever had to RMA said Sapphire Card.
I would pay the extra just to have a vendor in NA to send something defective too.
And, XFX has been around the block for nVidia for a while, as well as making boards for AMD/Intel as well. I haven't heard any complaints so, they hype is warranted if they continue the tradition of quality they have shown us thus far.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
You are absolutely right. It seems like some consumers in the industry are defending a double standard: lifetime warranty, and then replace the card in 15 months. Lifetime warranty can only be considered a boon for buyers with an obtusely long ownership or use of it-- in the range of six years or more.
You're forgetting that the double lifetime warranty allows the original buyer to sell to another person, as well as keep the warranty for the buyer. Not only does it save the buyer money, but it's also a lot cheaper for the original owner to purchase new hardware. That's where you're missing information. I've had two XFX products and both times I've had to send the parts in for malfunctioning after a while. While I was ticked that it happened to both cards, their customer service and RMA is top notch, and I was extremely happy with how they handled the situation. I didn't have any problems after that. I know that electronics don't come out of the box working at times, or they do become faulty over time. It should really be common knowledge. Now talk to someone that has had Sapphire, HIS or Visiontek...you'll get a completely different answer.

Now that I've sold those parts, the other customer is happy that they won't have to worry about having problems with their card because they know that XFX will suport them as well. It's really a win-win situation here.

I don't think you've realised that people just don't buy a card for cheap. People do buy into the extras that comes with it, and for the very small premium that is on XFX products, it's definitely worth every penny. Not only that, but lately XFX has not had any MIR for their ATI products, but rather instant rebates and special sales that lower the prices extremely close to the other vendors.

I suggest you try them yourself .