Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Open GL bug ingame (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/14775-open-gl-bug-ingame.html)

blu3 February 11, 2009 10:44 AM

Open GL bug ingame

2 problems

1:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5...tec0001hq9.png

this just happens when i am in-game for example wow and cs. The deskop, windows etc, works fine. This is just when i try to play a game the screen do this.

2: Driver problem

After this unusually problem, i tried to reinstall the driver for the video card. I have a geforce 6600gt.
After i reinstalled and restarted the comp, the windows suddenly went to a different form. The theme went to windows 2000 and it was only 4 bit. I tried to change the resolution etc.. but it didnt worked.
So i checked which driver the video card used, and it was a very old one. it was like a 6.1xxx.. the one i had before i reinstalled was 8.8xx..

So when i was already in the device manager, i clicked the "roll back driver".
The comp restarted, and the windows etc works fine now. But its not the newest driver. The driver it went back to was a 7.8xxx.

Also, when i try to install the newest one. The windows get ****** up and i have to click the "roll back driver".

The comp works fine, its just that i can't install the newest driver and when i launch any games the screen shows a bad quality, unclear etc.

So please heeeelp !

Eagle Eye February 11, 2009 11:09 AM

Hi blu and welcome to forums, can you please provide your complete system specs and the current operating system you're using.

Motherboard:
CPU:
Memory:
Operating system:
etc.

Regards,

EE

blu3 February 11, 2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 149868)
Hi blu and welcome to forums, can you please provide your complete system specs and the current operating system you're using.

Motherboard:
CPU:
Memory:
Operating system:
etc.

Regards,

EE

Asus p5ld2 i think
Intel pentium 4 2.66 ghz
2 gb
Windows Xp sp3
Nvidia geforce 6600gt 128 mb

Eagle Eye February 11, 2009 12:11 PM

Okay the best course here if this is a driver related problem is to do this.
  1. Download and install Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com
  2. Uninstall any previous nVidia drivers restart the system.
  3. At the POST start spamming F8 and at the selection enter safemode.
  4. Once in safemode run driver sweeper just removing nVidia click clean
  5. Restart the computer normally
  6. Re-install all display drivers and restart.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Regards,

EE

blu3 February 11, 2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 149892)
Okay the best course here if this is a driver related problem is to do this.
  1. Download and install Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com
  2. Uninstall any previous nVidia drivers restart the system.
  3. At the POST start spamming F8 and at the selection enter safemode.
  4. Once in safemode run driver sweeper just removing nVidia click clean
  5. Restart the computer normally
  6. Re-install all display drivers and restart.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Regards,

EE

that didnt helped... but the good thing now, is that ive installed the newest driver and it works... but the games wont work normally

Eagle Eye February 11, 2009 02:01 PM

Okay Blu are you still getting the image corruption than?

Are there any errors or error messages?

Regards,

EE

blu3 February 11, 2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 149919)
Okay Blu you are still getting the image corruption than?

Are there any errors or error messages?

Regards,

EE

Nope, i dont get any errors or error messages.. the problem nr 2 is so far resolved.
The only problem i got left is when i launch a game the screen goes like this...
Ive tried the monitor on another pc, and it works perfectly..

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5...tec0001hq9.png

Eagle Eye February 11, 2009 06:38 PM

Typically issues like this are related to the videocard, likely its had a component failure and isn't able to work in 3D mode anymore.

Any idea who the manufacturer is? The videocard could still be within warranty and you can apply for an RMA and get a replacement.

Do you have access to another videocard at this point and time?

I can also recommend a new videocard that will not be very expensive it will provide you with much better visual qaulity and performance.

Regards,

EE

blu3 February 13, 2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 150040)
Typically issues like this are related to the videocard, likely its had a component failure and isn't able to work in 3D mode anymore.

Any idea who the manufacturer is? The videocard could still be within warranty and you can apply for an RMA and get a replacement.

Do you have access to another videocard at this point and time?

I can also recommend a new videocard that will not be very expensive it will provide you with much better visual qaulity and performance.

Regards,

EE

Ive replaced the videocard now with a geforce 7500le.. yes its sucky.. But anyway.. it worked with the new card.. so the issue was also the old card..
But ive ordered a new card now, ati hd 4670 512 mb :)

thanx for all help :)