Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2009, 11:13 PM
Rookie

Exclamation TH2Go @ 5040x1050 - Need help!

Hi! :help:
Does anyone of you have same problems as described below?
Please tell what kind of OS you use, and please do not post if
you do not run at a resolution of 5040x1050 as the problem
changes with the resolution. Follow the instructions to reproduce
the problem. The important part is when you hit "F" or when you
click Maximize button. What happens? Are you able to hit "F"
several times without Photoshop expanding to all 3 screens?

Personally I`m happy if there is a solution for CS4...

The following applies to Windows XP x64 and 3 x 22" widescreen @ 5040x1050.

Problem applies to Photoshop CS2, CS3 and CS4 and other ADOBE programs:
Do this on a setup with TH2go and 3 screens running at a total of 5040x1050:

Her is one example of how Flash Player 10 is going wild. The link is to the Norwegian
newspaper VG, and shows a freshwater dive. After opening the link, press "FULLSKJERM"
in the player to play fullscreen (Esc to go back). If you have the same problem, the movie
expands to all 3 screens, and are zoomed way inn:
http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=20394

Photoshop CS3:
You can download the trial from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Adobe-Photoshop-cs3-Extended-Download-83814.html
Just click on one of the Mirrors and install when download has finished.

Open Photoshop CS3 and when it`s finished starting, press Ctrl+N to make a new dokument
and klikk OK. Press "F" once, and the dokument expands inside the Photoshop interface.
Press "F" again and Photoshop crashes..

Open Photoshop CS3 again, and when it`s finished starting, move it to the left screen.
Align it all the way to the left of the screen. Do not Maximize! Click the right side of the frame
of Photoshop, and drag it over to the right screen so that Photoshop is spanning from the left
screen to the right screen. When you come to around 2/3 of the right screen, Photoshop crashes.

Open Photoshop CS3 again, and when it`s finished starting, click on the Maximize button in the
upper right corner of the window. Photoshop expands to the frame of the screen it`s located at.
Click the Restore Down button in the upper right corner to restore the window to original state.
Right-click youre desktop and choose Properties. Click on Settings and adjust Screen resolution to
4098 by 768 and click Apply. Keep the settings. Go to Photoshop or any other window and click on
the Maximize button in the upper right corner of the window. The windows are now expanding to
all screens. Adjust the resolution back to 5040 by 1050.

I have tried to do this with lower resolution, and it then goes all the way over to the right of the
right screen. So there seems to be a limit to the amount of pixels Photoshop is able to do. I guess
whats happening when hitting "F", is that Photoshop is trying to expand to all screens and therfore
ecceeds the amount of pixels witch it can handle. But the problem is that it tries to expand to all
screens at all, as it`s not supposed to! This leads to the next problem:

Photoshop CS4:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop&loc=en
You have to create an account. Install when download has finished.

Open Photoshop CS4 and when it`s finished starting, click Maximize button in the upper right
corner. Photoshop expands to all screens. Why? Click Resore Down button in the upper right
corner to restore to original view. (inside one screen). Press Ctrl+N to make a new dokument
and click OK. Press "F" once, and the dokument expands inside the Photoshop interface.
Press "F" again and Photoshop expands to all screens. Hit "F" again, and Photoshop goes back
to original view, but the toolbar below the menu bar is messed up.

Photoshop CS2:
Warning! Not recommended! Read a bit more before wasting time...
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Adobe-PhotoShop-Trial-Download-696.html
Just click on External Mirror 2 - CS2 Trial. Install when download has finished. Just make shure
you click Trial whenever you have to choose.

Open Photoshop CS2 and when it`s finished starting, press Ctrl+N to make a new dokument
and klikk OK. Press "F" once, and Photoshop expands to all screens. However, the interface is
messed up an useless. I messed around with pressing "F" several times and I also Maximized
the window. At some point I couldn`t even close it, and my desktop was all withe. Even
Ctrl+Alt+Del didn`t help, and I had to force a restart with the Power-button!!

I`m not trying this again...

ExtendScript Toolkit CS4:

Comes with Photoshop CS4 Extended Trial.
Click on Maximize button, and the wingdow expands to all screens.
There is also a 2 cm. line going from top to bottom that is missing on the right side
when Maximized. This means that the Close button dissapares..

Extension Manager CS4 & Bridge CS4:
Works as it should, and Maximizes inside the screen it`s located at.

Please help testing! :help:
Old January 21, 2009, 05:32 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I'll take a look at it when I get the chance . I'll also see if I can get some answers from the inside if possible. I'll let you know!
Old January 21, 2009, 10:45 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Try #1: Try closing the Matrox Powerdesk Software before opening the Adobe CS and let me know if that makes a difference.
Old January 21, 2009, 02:34 PM
Rookie

Thanks a lot for replying!
My CS4 trial has expired, but this is what happens with CS3 whe I close Matrox software:

All screens becomes white with this error message:
The exeption unknown software exeption (0x0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x00f3712e.
Click OK to terminate program
Click CANCEL to debug the program