LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

nvidia all the way.

Much better driver support.
Old December 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The only thing at this point that leans me towards nVidia is that my last GPU Series 6800Gt, 8800GTX and GTX 280's have been solid with no Hardware nor Driver issues....they're what I'm "comfortable" with so they're what I choose.

Old December 17, 2008, 01:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I throw my Vote to ATI on this one. I've always used them, always. I enjoy the price/performance ratio they have. And to give them Credit, their Catalyst Control Centre has come a long way from where I remember it.
With nVidia and ATI always going head to head on every card they release, it just makes both products better in the end.
So, I stick with what I've used and known Best.

ATI FTW!!!!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 17, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I was over on the Evga Web Site checking out some chatter of the new GTX295....someone had a link posted (naturally for some reason my Browser gets the 408 error when I tried to open it), but is some unofficial Benchmarks of the 4870x2 vs 295.....looks as though the hat will likely swap around the 8th / 9th Jan. But it is, from what I gather, another one of nVidia sad attempts to pump out a Card that simply beats the ATI.....I hate how they pump out these x2 Cards every year, only to release a better Single Card solution a few months later.......anyhow, regardless I'll be staying far away from that x2 295 Card and stick with what I have!

Old December 17, 2008, 01:31 PM
MVP

well this round i went ati/ b4 my 4870 i had a 7800 gt 4 me i like 2 stay around the $300;00 4 a video card so which ever brand gives the best iq /perf is what ill buy

i got my his 4870 4 $ 280;00 when they first hit the shelf

so this round i voted ati
Old December 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is going to be a split decision no question. I voted nVidia simply because I haven't been disappointed by the performance of any card I have ever had I love my GTX280 its a monster card and wouldn't trade it for anything.

EE
Old December 17, 2008, 04:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Basing my opinion purely on the company, and not the products they make, I choose Ati.

I don't like the way nVidia does business.

Of course, the 8800gt I have is only the second nVidia product I have purchased, the first being the other 8800gt I sold when I discovered SLi wasn't worth it for my setup.

I have had excellent results with Ati, my 9800 Pro, and X850XT PE treated me very well.

Old December 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I'd go with ATI on my new build, but then my 4870 has been nothing but problems. The support was no help too. I'll probably be getting an NVIDIA card. Unless XFX starts producing cards before I start my build, which I don't know is when, I'll probably be going NVIDIA.
Old December 17, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there should be a third option. What ever has the best stuff!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 18, 2008, 05:02 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting reading:Run SETI@home on your NVIDIA GPU

Ego cogito, ergo deus non est.