Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2008, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

okay, so from what I understand you have either the E2200 or the E7200 proc (either 2.2GHz 800FSB or 2.53GHz 1066FSB). Not really the problem there I'm guessing...

I think it's just the size of the screen compared to the strength of the GPU.

You have the HD 3450, so you can only go up from there to solve your problem.

Do you have the new aluminium macbook or the old white one? I too am having a hard time understanding how a dedicated GFX card is being beat out by an integrated one...other than the fact that this is a Blizzard game and they love macs and might have better coding for them (this is a fact!!! Who else releases their games w/ mac compatibility at the same time as their windows version??! No one, that's who!! Most companies outsource the mac versions to other smaller companies rather than do it themselves if at all!! GAHHHHH!!!! lol)

Soon up and running:
Thunder
ASUS Rampage II Gene \\ Intel i7 920 \\ EVGA GTX 275 \\ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 \\ WD Caviar Black 640GB \\ Blu Ray Drive \\ Corsair HX620W \\ NZXT Rogue
Old December 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak3_dude View Post
okay, so from what I understand you have either the E2200 or the E7200 proc (either 2.2GHz 800FSB or 2.53GHz 1066FSB). Not really the problem there I'm guessing...

I think it's just the size of the screen compared to the strength of the GPU.

You have the HD 3450, so you can only go up from there to solve your problem.

Do you have the new aluminium macbook or the old white one? I too am having a hard time understanding how a dedicated GFX card is being beat out by an integrated one...other than the fact that this is a Blizzard game and they love macs and might have better coding for them (this is a fact!!! Who else releases their games w/ mac compatibility at the same time as their windows version??! No one, that's who!! Most companies outsource the mac versions to other smaller companies rather than do it themselves if at all!! GAHHHHH!!!! lol)
I have the new aluminum MacBook. I don't know if the code is better on the mac side but yea they do seem to like macs. EA released Spore on both windows and the mac with one disc as well but my understanding is they pretty much just wrapped it in cider and there for doesn't perform as well on the mac as it does on windows.