Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow...that's lame.

I'll try moving it around and see.
Old December 3, 2008, 07:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Beyond that, the next step in my book would be to find another P35 chipset motherboard to test the card in.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 3, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I've tried with tight screws, loose screws, no screws, pushed in, pulled out, wiggled and still nothing.

Very strange.

At least I have a nice bottle of wine to keep me from getting too frustrated

This is weird.

I mean, I really only grabbed this card because it was cheap and I could fold with it. Will the 4x slot make a difference for folding?

I'm not too keen on replacing the damn mobo
Old December 3, 2008, 08:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Well, I've tried with tight screws, loose screws, no screws, pushed in, pulled out, wiggled and still nothing.

Very strange.

At least I have a nice bottle of wine to keep me from getting too frustrated

This is weird.

I mean, I really only grabbed this card because it was cheap and I could fold with it. Will the 4x slot make a difference for folding?

I'm not too keen on replacing the damn mobo
According to posts on the F@H forums, it should fold just fine in a 4x slot...

Old December 3, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That sounds good.

Then I'm back to F@H as of tonight.
Old December 3, 2008, 09:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
That sounds good.

Then I'm back to F@H as of tonight.
Great to have you back...

Old December 3, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah...let's see how it goes.

I ditched F@H for BOINC a while ago because the client was such a PITA and I kept losing WUs.

Let's hope this one works better
Old December 3, 2008, 09:35 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Yeah...let's see how it goes.

I ditched F@H for BOINC a while ago because the client was such a PITA and I kept losing WUs.

Let's hope this one works better
Well there are still bad WU's out there, but the client itself is quite stable. One difference is it handles EUE's a lot better than before. Every now and then you might have to delete the work folder, queue.dat and unitinfo files and restart but even thats rare...

Old December 4, 2008, 06:39 AM
Top Prospect

I know you used a program to remove the drivers but did you check manually for any Catalyst software that might of been left over? When you said you plugged the ATI card back in it worked, this might be indicative that there still is Catalyst software lurking about. Check in your profile file, and in all of the other profiles if you have any, look under "APPData"/"Local", and "Roaming", and delete any ATI files you have there. Also, check under the "Device Manager" to make sure your old ATI card is still not listed there.
Asus P5K Deluxe / Intel Core2Quad Q9550@8x425@3400mhz(1.225v) / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / 4Gigs DDR2 1066mhz(5-5-5-15) Corsair Dominator / Diamond HD4870x2 / Asus Xonar / WD Raptor 74gb / Hitachi 160GB / Antec Quattro 850w / Logitech Z-680 5.1 / Dell Ultrasharp 24" / 2 LG Optical Drives / Vista Ultimate 32bit / A tower that's been drilled, cut, and bent to fit all of my fans
Old December 4, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
I know you used a program to remove the drivers but did you check manually for any Catalyst software that might of been left over? When you said you plugged the ATI card back in it worked, this might be indicative that there still is Catalyst software lurking about. Check in your profile file, and in all of the other profiles if you have any, look under "APPData"/"Local", and "Roaming", and delete any ATI files you have there. Also, check under the "Device Manager" to make sure your old ATI card is still not listed there.
Well, the card never makes it into Windows with an image when it's in the top slot, but in the bottom slot it was doing fine.

I say was because after I got the card set up for folding I tried to put my stable settings back in on the OC for the CPU and it wasn't happening.

Then I tried to flash a different bios back to see if I could my OC back and now I'm back to no image on the card again.

Then it was 1AM and I went to bed.