Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2008, 02:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Problems with the video card stability should have appeared from the start, so it's probably not the cards. Those temps are a little high for water, but definitely nothing to worry about. Personally, I'm inclined to blame Warhead - it's known to still be a bit of a prick where stability is concerned.
Old November 26, 2008, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Those temps are a little high for water, but definitely nothing to worry about.

yeah i know. I have CPU, NB, GPU and GPU in same loop, so I think it would be pretty hot. do you think these temps are too hot though?
Old November 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA3KW0N View Post
yeah i know. I have CPU, NB, GPU and GPU in same loop, so I think it would be pretty hot. do you think these temps are too hot though?
What rad do you have and fans?

Typically in the build like you have you should have a minimum of 2 rads to allow for proper heat dissipation.

If you don't have the proper means of dissipating heat then temps will be warmer.

So how about you list to us the parts you have in your look including all blocks, fans, tubing and rads.
Old November 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Man, I have the same exact problem! Sometimes, i get this error message and I'm also running 2 BFG 8800GTXs OC2 626Mhz\2000Mhz.

It's very annoying. I tried Vista X64 and then XP 64bit and i still get it from times to time. I even got it while playing Cod 4. So it's not really related to Crysis only. Oh and I'm loading at 45c-50c on both cards. 75c load is pretty high IMO. I am currently IDLE at 33c and 34c on both cards.

What to do? Well, i don't know. I've been thinking about it for some time already. I thought of getting 2 GTX280 but i haven't yet.

This problem is very annoying. I haven't tried to set stock clocks tho. Maybe the pre-oced settings is what makes this error to pop out. Who knows...
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14

Last edited by Patriote; November 30, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old November 30, 2008, 02:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
Man, I have the same exact problem! Sometimes, i get this error message and I'm also running 2 BFG 8800GTXs OC2 626Mhz\2000Mhz.

It's very annoying. I tried Vista X64 and then XP 64bit and i still get it from times to time. I even got it while playing Cod 4. So it's really related to Crysis only. Oh and I'm loading at 45c-50c on both cards. 75c load is pretty high IMO. I am currently IDLE at 33c and 34c on both cards.

What to do? Well, i don't know. I've been thinking about it for some time already. I thought of getting 2 GTX280 but i haven't yet.

This problem is very annoying. I haven't tried to set stock clocks tho. Maybe the pre-oced settings is what makes this error to pop out. Who knows...
From what you're saying, one's ought to think that it might be related to those specific cards ran in SLI....

Last edited by Wurmer; November 30, 2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old November 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmer View Post
From what you're saying, one's ought to think that it might be related to those specific cards ran in SLI....
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't got the problem since a while tho. Been playing Cod 5 a lot recently and no sign of the problem yet.
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old December 24, 2008, 11:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

me too. i have only one 8800 gtx though but i use to get the same error. but lately i have been playing cod4 gta 4 and team fortredss 2 mostly, and i havent got there error code in quite a bit. I dont quite thinkit's warheads fault cuz i also play it and get the error some times but same with farcry 2 and like games with good graphics. So i think its a shader clock problem or a Direct X problem. Strange...
Old December 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Step 1. Get rocket laucnher
Step 2. Aim at 8800GTX's
Step 3. Shoot
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit!

Frankly the high temps(75c on water cooling?), sound to be an issue arising from a bad or old mount. I'd suggest remounting the blocks and trying again. As for the other issues, they just seem to be driver issues.
Old December 26, 2008, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:

It's very annoying. I tried Vista X64 and then XP 64bit and i still get it from times to time. I even got it while playing Cod 4. So it's not really related to Crysis only. Oh and I'm loading at 45c-50c on both cards. 75c load is pretty high IMO. I am currently IDLE at 33c and 34c on both cards.

Do you also have nTune installed, I noticed the OP has this installed.
Uniinstall nTune!! Its known to cause that very issue you both currently have. Get rid of it...nix it!!..Delete it from your System. Download and install Precision 1.3.3 and use it for Fan Speeds and OC'ing.