Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
Rookie

So there you have in the other thread , a lot of people ask for far cry 2 , grid racer and soon nfs undercover , where are they ? I know this type of website/forum , they start normal but at some point the moderator tryes to direct people in thinking in a way , buy this , do that and they say yes master you are all knowing because you touch more hardware than us , they begin respecting one reviewr like he is a guru of hardware or something but this people with very little brains forget that you make money from this and when you make money from reviews and adverstising you loose the morals and the fairness , i bet you if ATI starts throwing money at developers and you get some sponsors like sapphire , diamond and generally exclusive ATI integrators you will start picking games that favor ATI.
The thing is when a card is doing great the company doesn't spend money on bribing reviewers like in the case of ATI now wich by the way does very good in sales despite lot's of websites saying Nvidia is king and doesn't see the need to throw money at you i guess :) but when it does bad and have bad products on the market wich are no more competitive neighter in price or perforamnce they start to make up for it with people like you who picks games and praise EVGA or whatever company comes at you to review they'r product.
Fudzilla - ATI sold around 2 million RV770 based products
Of course you will say they don't give you money , they don't influence you but this is a very big bullshit that people come to see eventually and that is why you get a troll like me every month saying you lie your reviews are corrupt.
Legion Hardware they can use SC very well , why can't you ?
It's pointelles to explain to you that supreme commander is CPU limited depending on the scene but for a moderate graphic scene if you get a quad core wich SC knows how to use it you will not get cpu limited and the graphic card has to work it's magic but i forgot i talk with a greedy man that does reviews for money now , the days of great reviews are over from the moemnt you started making money from this.
It's clear i won't get trough here , you will keep your people in the dark about the perf. , and who will they believe the guy that does reviews for some time for them ( secretly getting money for the reviews ) or me A GUY that no one knows here and no one trusts more than the reviewr.
You people should be aware that money corupts people and you can't ever trust 100% review websites , especially this one who pickes games and gives excuses why he can't pick that or the other but in the end he has the power to do whatever he wants even if he picks a game everyone wants if the sponsor want a good review he will find a way to make that product shine and make up a chart with made up numbers.
The arrogance of the editor proves to me that he is corrupt and this will be my last post here.
Old December 2, 2008, 11:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
So there you have in the other thread , a lot of people ask for far cry 2 , grid racer and soon nfs undercover , where are they ? I know this type of website/forum , they start normal but at some point the moderator tryes to direct people in thinking in a way , buy this , do that and they say yes master you are all knowing because you touch more hardware than us , they begin respecting one reviewr like he is a guru of hardware or something but this people with very little brains forget that you make money from this and when you make money from reviews and adverstising you loose the morals and the fairness , i bet you if ATI starts throwing money at developers and you get some sponsors like sapphire , diamond and generally exclusive ATI integrators you will start picking games that favor ATI.
The thing is when a card is doing great the company doesn't spend money on bribing reviewers like in the case of ATI now wich by the way does very good in sales despite lot's of websites saying Nvidia is king and doesn't see the need to throw money at you i guess :) but when it does bad and have bad products on the market wich are no more competitive neighter in price or perforamnce they start to make up for it with people like you who picks games and praise EVGA or whatever company comes at you to review they'r product.
Of course you will say they don't give you money , they don't influence you but this is a very big bullshit that people come to see eventually and that is why you get a troll like me every month saying you lie your reviews are corrupt.
Legion Hardware they can use SC very well , why can't you ?
It's pointelles to explain to you that supreme commander is CPU limited depending on the scene but for a moderate graphic scene if you get a quad core wich SC knows how to use it you will not get cpu limited and the graphic card has to work it's magic but i forgot i talk with a greedy man that does reviews for money now , the days of great reviews are over from the moemnt you started making money from this.
It's clear i won't get trough here , you will keep your people in the dark about the perf. , and who will they believe the guy that does reviews for some time for them ( secretly getting money for the reviews ) or me A GUY that no one knows here and no one trusts more than the reviewr.
You people should be aware that money corupts people and you can't ever trust 100% review websites , especially this one who pickes games and gives excuses why he can't pick that or the other but in the end he has the power to do whatever he wants even if he picks a game everyone wants if the sponsor want a good review he will find a way to make that product shine and make up a chart with made up numbers.
The arrogance of the editor proves to me that he is corrupt and this will be my last post here.
Yes it will. :)

Sorry Sky, I've had enough. I understand your wish to allow open discussion, but there's a difference between allowing discourse, and putting up with abuse.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Let's just move on folks. Since the individual has been banned for trolling/abusive posting it would not be appropriate to allow posts he wouldn't be able to respond to.

Thanks

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 2, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with you completely sswilson. I was just about to ask how long this would go on for LOL. I commend his fanboiness to ATI though. That takes a lot of time to write that much. End of my discussion here.
Old December 2, 2008, 11:56 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Whelp, I guess that settles it.
Old December 2, 2008, 01:08 PM
MVP

I have an 8800gts640/sp96 version laying around after buying a9800gtx+512 sp128 and was thinking of sli ing the 9800gtx+ but after reading around found out that a shortage of vram seems to be a problem with aa and af also high quality nv cp settings used but I didn't quite understand it clearly. Using Farcry 2 as an example or Crysis, if I sli'd the 512MB card would the lower ram be a problem or should I use the 8800gts640MB sp96 card to sli for farcry 2 and crysis? Has any testing been done on sli ing the evga 9800gtx+ and min frame drop? Basically I'm a little confused of wich card to use, 9800gtx+ is better than the 8800gts as single but sliing with high aa, af and high quality sli'd I don't know. Any clarification would be good, thanks.