Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2008, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought they stopped producing the GX2 already.. didn't they?
Old October 20, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would imagine nVidia has stopped production of the GX2 due to GT200 cards costing as much to manfacturer while delivering comparable/better performance. At this point and time it doesn't have a suitable place in the nVidia lineup.
Old October 20, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I'm pretty sure production has stopped, given by all the recent price cuts etc and the new cards that are out; we're also not far from some new nvidia cards being release around the same time nehalem is. I've been considering a GTX280 but I'm going to hold out about another month or so and see what crops up.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 20, 2008, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes - no more GX2s are being made. What I meant by EOL is that Nvidia will stop attempting driver support of the card. What you've got now is pretty much as good as it's ever gonna get.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old October 21, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As I mentioned in a previous Thread re: 9800GX2, thier is a reason that Card is being "flogged" on the cheap!! It was a poor answer to Nvidias push to get something out thier faster than the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra...personally, I'd stay far away from that Card and go with either a GTX 260 (216) or GTX 280....if your considering the "Green Machine"!

Old October 24, 2008, 05:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I gotta say the same about my 9800GX2 I picked up.

Awesome 3dmark06 scores.

Rocks my socks like hell in First Person Shooters type of games but i'm a little deceived in other games like WoW that I play alot.

Not a bad card by any stretch but i'm thinking of selling too to get a 4870 or a 260GTX instead too...