Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

Exclamation anyone know where to get earler versions of Geforce drivers?

I was wondering where you can get earler versions of Geforce drivers checked on nvidia's site but all I could find was onces for work station cards. I cant role back my drivers becaus this is a fresh install. I need to find them because some of my older games dont like the new drivers for some reason. thanks
Old October 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Windows XP/2000 Driver Archive Windows XP/2000 Driver Archive can try here

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old October 10, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Guru3d.com

All kinds of old drivers and programs to be had here.
Old October 10, 2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

All that they have there are the really old ones or for workstation cards.....Iím looking for the last geforce drivers (the ones that were replaced before the current version)
Old October 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You can try Omega Drivers, they are reworked drivers strictly enhanced for gaming. I have used them and prefer them over the factory drivers.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 11, 2008, 08:45 AM
MVP
F@H

Tweakforce.com does the same with drivers, the call them XtremeG drivers. they catalogue them so you can try earlier releases.

I'd not heard of Omega Drivers, I think I'll check those out. Thanks Balistx.
Old October 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTX View Post
You can try Omega Drivers, they are reworked drivers strictly enhanced for gaming. I have used them and prefer them over the factory drivers.

Are those omega drivers really good? Like what kind of performance gain do i get if any?
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old October 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Here is exactly what you are looking for

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

From this page you will see some drop boxes - select your Product type, Product series, Product, OS, and language and click on search, you will then see a list of archived drivers ranging from the most recent to the oldest - make sure your selection matches the card you are using - it will list only those drivers supporting your selection.

The most recent, OFFICIAL driver is 178.13 - this is what I'm using for my 8800GT and it runs really great - It comes with the latest PhysX as well. The one before that is 175.19. You can also manage to find some betas / unofficial / leaked drivers, but I prefer to use the official ones.
Old October 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I didn't really notice a huge performance gain as for fps but I found they were more stable, especially his ATI drivers.

Quote:
The purpose of the Omega Drivers is to provide gamers with an alternate set of drivers, ones that have more options and features than the original sets. The drivers contain optimizations, extra features (like OC capabilities), more resolutions and internal tweaks that can give them the edge in a gaming environment over the normal drivers, which are often tailored for synthetic benchmarks. All Omega driver sets are tested (unless noted) by myself in my own PC or in an alternate PC (in the case of the Nvidia drivers) to ensure maximum compatibility and reliability.
OmegaDrivers.net - Home of the ATI & NVIDIA Omega Drivers. Drivers Main Page

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

sweet, im going to try them out. hopefully that will solve my problem with warhead. I can't even play through the first levels without crashing =/. Hmm it says the latest omega drivers doesn't suppose the 4800s. I guess i have to wait then
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"