Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
MVP

Question BFG Trade up program?

I've read over how it works and understand the basics.
From what I can see my 9800gtx+ would have a original purchase value of $180, the tradeup card would be a 260 216sp at $299(US$ I figure). The difference of $119+return shipping.

Now the grey area, what other costs are there, does bfg charge for me for shipping the 260 to me, are there duties and brokerage fees, is this $119 going to get bumped up to $150-200 after hidden fees start rolling in?

If anyone has used the bfg trade up program could u let me know how it went and what cost u incurred. Thanks
Old October 7, 2008, 11:20 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in the process of using BFG's Trade up program, still waiting on availability of parts. We'll see what it amounts to.
Old October 7, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcoast604 View Post
I've read over how it works and understand the basics.
From what I can see my 9800gtx+ would have a original purchase value of $180, the tradeup card would be a 260 216sp at $299(US$ I figure). The difference of $119+return shipping.

Now the grey area, what other costs are there, does bfg charge for me for shipping the 260 to me, are there duties and brokerage fees, is this $119 going to get bumped up to $150-200 after hidden fees start rolling in?

If anyone has used the bfg trade up program could u let me know how it went and what cost u incurred. Thanks
Man that's cool... i have the 9800GTX+ also.. and want to trade to the 260 MaxCore. I couldn't get much from their website though... and i have the same concerns as you. I paid $180 from NCIX...but i had a feeling that it was gonna cost me another $170-$180 to step up. I hope you're right. The other worry for me, is that so many BFG cards have a dam MIR attached to them.. and wondered if that would throw a wrench in my plan.
Old October 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
Allstar

Don't fear brokerage. Clear the package yourself if need be, but that's only if they ship via Fedex Ground or UPS Standard. Usually though, all you pay is duties (taxes) on the difference.