3 or more monitor setup?
I just ordered the parts for a new PC and Im thinking a 3 or 4 monitor setup would be sweet. I currently have a 4870 on order so I can get 2 monitors with that. I guess I have 3 questions for you experts :)
1. Can I install a cheap Crossfire 2400 or 2600 for the sole purpose of adding 2 more monitors?
2. Can I connect the 4870 and 2400/2600 in Crossfire for an added boost?
3. Im getting a P45 motherboard that goes 16X with one card but 8X in Crossfire. Will having the lower power card actually decrease the performance of my single card setup with 4870 at 16X?
Welcome to HWC!
1. You can install a 2400 or 2600 for 2 more monitors.
2. No you cannot connect a 4870 to them for Crossfire. You'll need another 4800 series card for crossfire. i.e. - 4850, 4850X2, 4870, 4870X2
3. No. The 4870 will run just fine at x8 since it is a PCIe 2.0 motherboard.
I also believe you can't do crossfire with more then 1 monitor. But you can still have 4.
Could always get a TripleHead2Go as well!:thumb: It allows for a crossfire setup or even just a single-output video card to run three monitors up to 1680x1050.
Matrox Graphics - Products - Graphics eXpansion Modules - TripleHead2Go
Only problem is... they cost as much as another 4870 = ~$300.
Expect more about it in my upcoming review in the next week or so!
Thanks for the replies :)
Also, I guess I should mention my intended setup. Right now I have a 22In and a 24In monitor. If this works, im planning on getting another 24In for the 3 monitor setup. The 24s run at 1920 x 1200 native resolution.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.|