Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2008, 09:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default EVGA Step Up

Has anyone done the EVGA Step up? Since the website is in US dollars when you type in your "price paid" does it matter that your using canadian dollars? do they compensate in some way?

Just looking to see if anyone has done it and if it worked out. I'm looking to sttep up my video card. Thanks.
Old September 17, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They just take it at par, they don't compensate in any way but you also don't lose out per se. So whatever you've spent on your card is what you get off the next card, be it in us or can funds.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 17, 2008, 11:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
They just take it at par, they don't compensate in any way but you also don't lose out per se. So whatever you've spent on your card is what you get off the next card, be it in us or can funds.
Sweet considering the canadian dollar is lower I take that to be compensation. Most companies would covert it to US with a premium on the exchange rate.
Old September 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nope! Not at all, they will get you to send in an invoice via email etc and if the dollar is crazy they will do some adjustment but as things stand right now they aren't bothering. :)

The amazing thing is, I could trade my Akimbo 8800GT in for 260 right now ahaha, I'm probably going to - just deciding on a new mobo etc, but getting 260.00 for a 8800GT is an amazing price lol.

BFG has a step up program but they revalue the card to what it's worth when you trade it in. So you'd get like 150.00 for an 8800 from BFG right now.

Warranty/Vendors are one of the main reasons I stay with Nvidia cards. I like that i can do anything/everything short of smash my card with a hammer and EVGA will take it back lol.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 17, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd like to see how the BFG step works as well.

I paid $99.99 ($69.99AR) for my BFG 9600GT OC. If I was to "Step Up" to say a 8800GT or GTX260, approximately how much would I have to pay? I've read their Step up page, but I don't know exactly how it works.
Old September 19, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Not true, I'm considering Stepping up to GTX280 from GTX260 FTW and they convert CDN$369.99 to USD$344, perhaps now that their is 5-7 cents on the dollar they are now starting to do this.

Old September 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
Top Prospect

When I stepped up, they only converted (from USD to CAD) after the difference that I was paying. If I remember correctly I only had to pay an extra dollar or so...
Old September 19, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When I did it they made no changes to the amount at all. I definitely ordered from NCIX and paid canadian currency so maybe its' dynamic and they adjust (i'd assume they do).
Old September 19, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I'd like to see how the BFG step works as well.

I paid $99.99 ($69.99AR) for my BFG 9600GT OC. If I was to "Step Up" to say a 8800GT or GTX260, approximately how much would I have to pay? I've read their Step up page, but I don't know exactly how it works.

You'd get whatever that card is valued at right now. If it's still selling for 99 you should get in and around there.
Old September 20, 2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

I did this recently.
You end up stating the price you paid and sending them an invoice. You select the card you want to upgrade to and you pay the difference of their listed price, not necessarily market price.

When you enter in the price you paid they treat it @ 1:1 meaning 1 CAD = 1 USD. The shittiest part of the deal is that you end up paying "more" for the base model card you upgrade to in the end. For example if you paid $200 for your current card and the card you are upgrading to is listed as $300 on their site but $230 on another site, you're paying $70 more by comparison because of it and you don't get to select Factory OC models.