Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Audio and Video skipping during playback WMP and Nero Showtime

To Whom It May Concern:

The problem I am having is when I play a mp3 or a DVD movie the audio will skip periodically during playback. I have been monitoring the cpu usage and memory usage and there is no indication that another program is drastically interfering with Windows media player. Other possible culprits I have considered are a Windows update fix(s) that I am unware of that might have caused this problem (any known problems I don't know of?).
More I recently did a format with the hopes that it would eliminate the problem, however it is back and I am now thinking that it could be a hardware problem and not software related anymore.

Has anyone experienced this before? It is rather annoying none of my music or dvds play without interuption anymore. If you have any possible suggestions or comments they are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; September 8, 2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old September 9, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it isn't a software related problem I have ruled it out completely I did another format and to no avail the probelm returned once again after playing a mp3 immediately after re-installing. I believe now that its the ram and will replacing it with a new kit soon.
Old September 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well as the old rule of thumb goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it" After updating my motherboard with latest bios 2101 from Asus for my M2N32 SLI Deluxe apparently thats where all my sound troubles started. I just flashed back to 2001 and all issues seem to have dissappeared. Nonetheless my new memory is on the way after I completely borked one of my crucial ballistix dimms, now why would they put such a strong adhesive on their modules apparently strong enough to rip the IC completely off the pcb.

Lessons learned,

EE
Old September 17, 2008, 01:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

glad we could help!