Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2008, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

Default need help IDing an old socket 370 board.

OK I am working on an old PC for a friend, so far I have been able to determine it has a chaintech motherboard. The Board is VERY similar to the CT-6AJA4 but this one is de-featured. PCB and chipset looks the same except this one does not have any onboard sound, only has one BIOS chip and 2 IDE channels and has a few less caps. Any help for iding this would be appreciated because we're probably going to have to format the system and it would help to be able to get drivers. Asside from that it has some kind of old Creative PCI card, but I guess if it comes down to it Iwill pop that out and have a look at it for numbers.
Old September 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pics?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 7, 2008, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

digital camera is on the fritz but I think I may have IDed it. ChainTech 6AJM4 is what I think it is. Here is the 6AJA6,
http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/chaintech/CT-6AJA4.jpg
which is upgraded version if this board, basically take out one of the BIOS DIPs, delete the onboard sound and two of the IDE channels.

Edit: what he really wants it for is a counterstrike box. I think thats a bit of a stretch but, I think if I have everything in order, the chipset should take a 1.4 ghz Tulatin P3, 768 mb RAM (SD RAM but still) and an alright AGP video card it should cut it. Would be advisable to just get a new system but, we'll see.