Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
Top Prospect

Default PC will not reboot unless I cycle the PSU off and on

So my Intel D201GLY2 for some reason refuses to restart itself or power back on unless I turn off the PSU switch and turn it back on and then reboot. The system was just upgraded a bit (EVGA GeForce 6200 256mb PCI video card) but the PSU (which is a nice little Antec Earthwatts 430) has been in there for a few months. I am going to have a look at the headers for the power button and so on but, the unit will power on innitially it just won't come back on after it is shut down or restarted. I have another PSU I could throw in to test but, I have all the cables wrapped up nice on this one.
Old September 4, 2008, 03:54 PM
Allstar

I have this same mobo accept I'm using a fax modem instead of a PCI video card.
Does it do this if you remove the video card and use the onboard video ?
What else are you running on the mobo ?
What the OS ?
Old September 4, 2008, 06:05 PM
Top Prospect

its running windows XP Pro, and I haven't tried removing the video card. I used to have a Linksys PCI card in there and never had a problem. I can remember re-seating the Case Headers (power button, reset button ect) and I may have put somthing wrong in there but I'm not sure. I'll try pulling the card and see how that goes. The HDD is used but it was just put in and formatted, so its new to the system. I'll try resetting the BIOS to its defaults as well but I don't belive I have changed anything in there.