Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
Banned
F@H

Well, to be honest, I clock all 4 gpus using CCC for 24/7, and use AMDGPUTool for benching. My cards would probably be capable of 950 or so 24/7, but CCC prevents this, and once CCC doesn't work right, neither does Crossfire, it seems.

I do not hear of as many gpus really dying anymore though, I must say.
Old September 15, 2008, 06:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thumbs up Good to go!

Well everything has been running great so far. I've modified and flashed the bios on the X2 that controls the fan. I haven't monitored the temps during gameplay yet but the fan ramps up alot and gets fairly loud under load so I know it HAS to way better. The air is blowing way harder out of the card and the intensity of the heat exiting it isn't anywhere near what it used to be........ and you can't roast marshmellows over it's back side anymore. haha
Old September 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
Banned
F@H

good to hear, glad you got it sorted!
Old September 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm glad too! I thought about selling both cards off and going for a new monster but it's hard to sell a 3870 you paid $250 for not long ago for half the price! Once was bad enough to upgrade to tri-fire and I really didn't want to do it again.

On a side note, this past weekend I just upgraded my 19" widescreen Samsung to a 22" unit. I picked up an Acer X223W at Staples for $220! I was gonna hold out for a 24" but I couldn't past that up. lol

I can't wait till tomorrow when Crysis: Warhead comes out, and Far Cry 2 next month!