how do you make a bootable Vista partition on RAID 0???
i have just finished a new computer build
i have 4 HDD's installed in this computer
2* 500G WD HDD
2* 750G Hitachi HDD
i want to set the 2 hitachi HDD's in RAID 0
make 3 partitions in this 1.5T RAid 0
and install Vista on one of them as the primary boot partition
what i did was
1) Set up SATA as RAID in Bios
2) Set up the HItachi Drives in Raid 0
3) installed the Vista first on a 500G WD HDD
4) Using this Vista, i made 3 partitions in the HItachi RAID 0
5) Then i installed the Vista on a partition in the Hitachi RAID 0 set up
6) reformat the 500G WD HDD
6) Set the HItachi Drive as the primary boot drive in BIOS
7) NOW the computer wont boot and is saying that it cant detect any OS installed
what can i do?
Basically now i just have to tell the bios to boot from the Partition i just created in Windows...
The problem is that Vista found the boot sector on the WD 500GB and thus just used that for your second install. Of course, this isn't what you wanted. What you should have done was unplugged the WD 500GB and then installed Vista on the RAID0.
However you could of avoided this whole mess from the start and just installed Vista right onto the RAID0. The Vista installer gives you an option to select and partition your hard drive.
You might be able to fix this using the Repair option of the Vista installer (boot from the DVD and you should see it), but I haven't really used it.