Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Default HDTV image cuts out

Hello everyone, last time I had a problem I asked on here and it was solved right quick, hopefully I get the same results this time. I like to output to my Olevia hdtv using a dvi to hdmi cable for watching movies and downloaded tv shows and the like (this is in addition to my normal lcd monitor). However, I recently bought a new evga geforce gtx 260 ftw, and ever since then I've been having problems with outputting to the tv. It seems to randomly lose the signal for a second, the screen goes black, and then the picture comes back and the symbol on the tv comes on (like I had just changed the input). The frequency of this happening seems to depend on how system-intensive the application I am running is. What I mean is that when I'm watching an .avi tv show for example, I rarely, if ever have the problem. But, if I'm playing a game or watching a blu-ray, it seems to occur every few seconds. I'm sure its an issue with the graphics card. I have the latest drivers from nvidia. Any thoughts?
Old August 2, 2008, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Well I switched to using a VGA connection to my tv, and the problem disappeared. It means I have to switch things around when I want to use it, but oh well.