Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2008, 03:20 PM
Allstar

If NCIX won't do it, I might just say buy a new board (or get 3oh6 to fix it, if possible. Very nice gesture). The cost to ship it to Gigabyte in California is probably going to be close to $20-$40 plus you may get dinged w/ duties on the way back. In addition to the cost, you can't guarantee they won't look at it and deny you on arrival and, if they do fix it, expect to be w/o a computer for at least a couple of weeks. If it were a $200+ board, it might be worth the risk, but since it's only a $130 board, I don't think I'd bother.
Old July 23, 2008, 10:17 PM
Rookie

thank you 3oh6 for your kind offer, but I think I'll just wait and see what happens, since the motherboard is still working fine no random restarts or freezes yet (knock on wood), if it does explode!! lol your the first one I'll call.
Old July 24, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've rma'd mobo's with ncix and they've been very good to deal with, give them a call first ask for Ryuji Kita, if anyone can give you a straight answer and help he's the guy. As mentioned, make sure and have pics available just in case, also have your invoice # handy, if he says yes to an rma, make a point of mentioning you know someone who has rma'd and ground shipping was no charge. Best of luck