Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   cables for monitors (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/8483-cables-monitors.html)

Tazer-[X] July 10, 2008 10:39 AM

cables for monitors

Is there a more superior cable to attach a monitor to a new vid card? Instead of the 15 PIN cable?

Jack Rabbit July 10, 2008 11:14 AM

Dual link DVI-D.

Dashock July 10, 2008 04:49 PM

I would suggest Belking Pure-AV cables their high quality and come with lifetime warranty i have a dvi to hd one for my samsung Lcd tv and Dual link Dvi to Dvi on my Viewsonic monitor.

tzetsin July 10, 2008 07:23 PM

i cant imagine the vidio quality being much better than your standard dvi cable... does it truely make a difference?

b1lk1 July 10, 2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzetsin (Post 68149)
i cant imagine the vidio quality being much better than your standard dvi cable... does it truely make a difference?

Yeah, you spend too much money on "quality" cables. Get a nice standard DVI cable. Unless you are doing video/picture editing at over 2650X1600 resolutions you'd never know. In fact, I would say that 99.9999999% of the world could not tell the difference between a $20 cable and a $200 cable other than the bill.

death_hawk July 10, 2008 08:25 PM

In fact, someone did a review of Monster cables vs a Coat hanger.
Guess who won...

tomek July 16, 2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 68150)
Yeah, you spend too much money on "quality" cables. Get a nice standard DVI cable. Unless you are doing video/picture editing at over 2650X1600 resolutions you'd never know. In fact, I would say that 99.9999999% of the world could not tell the difference between a $20 cable and a $200 cable other than the bill.

+1 especially when you're transmitting digital signals

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_hawk (Post 68167)
In fact, someone did a review of Monster cables vs a Coat hanger.
Guess who won...

Neither.. the "Experts" could not tell the diff.
Not sure if that test is true or not though...

MpG July 16, 2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek (Post 69427)
Neither.. the "Experts" could not tell the diff.
Not sure if that test is true or not though...

There's been a couple reviews like that. There was another one where some audio site gutted a Monster component and couldn't find ANY difference between it and a white box version except the plastic shell and the price. And then there's the recent incident where they tried to threaten Blue Jean cables.

Eagle Eye July 16, 2008 10:42 AM

Monster is a complete ripoff handdowns pay no attention to their marketing B.S. As long as the cable is of a decent qaulity and shielded and doesn't cost an arm an a leg it will perform just as well as any $200 monster DVI cable.

BlueJeans Cables are very reasonable its no wonder Monster Cable threatened them. I read the letter that was sent to Monster from owner of Blue Jeans cable I found it rather ironic that he was lawyer in a previous life and goes to show you better know who you're messing with before you go making legal claims against them.

Mibs July 16, 2008 11:08 AM

In my opinion, based on what I've read, if it's a digital signal either it's going to work or it isn't. So a name brand DVI cable is going to be just as good as a generic one. It's different when you're talking about analog because then the signal can degrade based on the quality of the connection.