Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2008, 03:38 AM
Allstar

Default Xbox MB question?

So I am getting my Mozart TX case soon(possibly today) & I was wondering if an XBOX MB will retro fit in the place of the M-ITX spot in the case. Anyone know if they are roughly the same size? Figured I'd do this for now till I can get the money to set the M-ITX gear up in it.
Old June 12, 2008, 06:26 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

If i remember correctly (cause i haven't opened my xbox in a long time) the board is only slightly smaller than a standard ATX one. So I think they ITX mounting holes will work with it... but it will probably be too big (although I can't be positive). I'd suggestion googling for an old "Take apart your Xbox" to try to find some eacty dimensions then measure the inside of your Mozart TX. Awsome case btw! If it had only been in Aluminum and had mATX support for the second motherboard compartment I would've bought it in a snap. Good luck! Post pictures!
Old June 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
Allstar

Thx I'll post pics for sure. It is in all aluminum case though & your right I wish the second board was mATX capable as well. Ah well I'll play around with it once I get it & see what's up.
Old June 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

If worse comes to worse and you can fit the boards but there's no mounts for it, then you can just go to your local hardware store and buy a "Drill and tap" set to get your own motherboard mounts in there.
Old June 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't tap the holes, that way if you get one slightly off you can screw yourself over. I would recommend drilling the holes just slightly larger than needed and putting some nuts on the back of those seemingly standard little metal standoffs. I have been using nuts marked as #6 - 32. I find this a good method as it allows you some last minute tweaks to get everything just perfect. It also adds the flexibility of larger standoff choice for future mounts with similar or other boards if you are out of regular ones at 2AM and want to complete the build.