Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2014, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm maybe just use the CC instaed of the display settings in win8, in my win8.1 I didn't touch that I just used the cc one and set it using desktop management \creating aranging desktops then I clicked detect once it showsed 2 monitors( one being my TV) I clcked on the 2 one which to me isn't my TV ( becasue my TV is my main monitor) clicked on it and then chose clone I think it was called. I had xbmc running and when I chose a movie both screens where looked the same showing the movie no tearing or anything like that
Old August 11, 2014, 08:23 AM
MVP

Based on a quick observation of google results, it seems this is a relatively common issue. There was even a recent post on HWC about it:

AMD screen tear in duplicate display mode

I searched for the terms "amd screen duplication hdmi tear"

I don't really have time to sort through the results, but it appears the answer is out there and may be related to using the same type of connection across all displays.

In any case, it doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but a syncing issue that may have different causes.
Old August 11, 2014, 11:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
hmm maybe just use the CC instaed of the display settings in win8, in my win8.1 I didn't touch that I just used the cc one and set it using desktop management \creating aranging desktops then I clicked detect once it showsed 2 monitors( one being my TV) I clcked on the 2 one which to me isn't my TV ( becasue my TV is my main monitor) clicked on it and then chose clone I think it was called. I had xbmc running and when I chose a movie both screens where looked the same showing the movie no tearing or anything like that
Thanks Shadowmeph. We seem to have different versions of CCC. I tried to follow your instructions and in the end I was able to duplicate my displays starting with the TV. This time the monitor had the screen tear, so no go. :(

Frugalmeister
Old August 11, 2014, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
Based on a quick observation of google results, it seems this is a relatively common issue. There was even a recent post on HWC about it:

AMD screen tear in duplicate display mode

I searched for the terms "amd screen duplication hdmi tear"

I don't really have time to sort through the results, but it appears the answer is out there and may be related to using the same type of connection across all displays.

In any case, it doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but a syncing issue that may have different causes.
Thank you Desiato for the link.

It seems that having both displays connected via the same type of cable will solve the problem, though I've yet to find a case where this works. My video card only has a DVI port in double, so does that mean I'd need to get both a DVI to DisplayPort adapter for the monitor and DVI to HDMI adapter for the TV?

This doesn't seem like a viable solution because apparently DVI doesn't carry audio and I'm planning on eventually having some speakers hooked up directly to my TV. I'm also wary of spending on these adapters unless I see evidence of the solution having worked for others...

Frugalmeister

Last edited by Frugalmeister; August 11, 2014 at 08:09 PM.