Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2014, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Two BSODs after big Windows 7 update; seeking help trying to find possible causes

Hi guys!!

I suppose this might be the right thread to post this on. If not, please let me know where I should direct my inquiry.

After months of not updating my version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I decided to allow a whole lot of updates to install into my OS. Just so you know I am using Windows Loader( ver 2.2) and I have performed past updates without any trouble at all. Now, after about 3 days since I installed the updates ( I dl uand installed updates on Sunday) I have gotten two BSODs while leaving my PC on for a couple of days downloading stuff.

The last crash happened yesterday I am not sure as to what could be causing it. I doubt it may have been the HD because I am constantly monitoring it with Hard Disk Sentinel ver 4.0 and the drive where I have my OS files is still in pretty good shape (92% health) according to the program. Could it be faulty RAM modules? or could it be one of the Windows updates that I recently installed?

I am not an IT technician or enough of a geek when it comes to hardware/software issues to understand these type of events so I would hope some of the more informed guys at the forum could lend me a hand and help me figure out possible causes for this problem.

Your help would be much appreciated.

PS: Below this sentence I am posting the info that windows gave me after the last crash. It might have enough information for the more technically enlightened out there that might help pinpoint what's causing the BSODs in the first place. I am also sending the .xml and the .dmp files of the crash report as attachments in hopes that it might provide more insight into what could be causing the crash.

UPDATE: it seems the forum attachment function will not let me upload the two files I just mentioned. Sorry, I did not notice that only certain types of file extensions are allowed to be used as attachments. I will send these files within WinRAR and see if they come through. Nevertheless, here is the rest of the condensed info from the crash

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: FFFFF6FC40006F50
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
BCP3: 00000000749D0860
BCP4: FFFFF88000DEA008
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052114-26925-01.dmp
C:\Users\Felipe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52884-0.sysdata.xml
Attached Files
File Type: rar WER-52884-0_sysdata.rar (11.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: rar 052114-26925-01.rar (22.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by sankukai; May 21, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old May 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you suspect that your RAM might be bad, or have some bad sectors, you can test it using memtes86/memtest86+.

Do the blue screens occur when you are at the computer, what are you doing at the time of the BSOD? Has it been when you've left it say idle?
Old May 21, 2014, 03:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
If you suspect that your RAM might be bad, or have some bad sectors, you can test it using memtes86/memtest86+.

Do the blue screens occur when you are at the computer, what are you doing at the time of the BSOD? Has it been when you've left it say idle?
The first time it happened I was surfing the net, watching videos, downloading games, transferring and deleting files, things of that sort. I wasn't playing games or doing any sort of super intensive memory-demanding tasks ( at least to my mind). The second time it happened was when I left my computer on during the night downloading a particularly large PC game. I went to sleep and left the PC downloading the game by way of Jdownloader. The next morning after I turned my monitor on I saw a message on screen saying that Windows had unexpectedly shut down and restarted, meaning that another BSOD happened during the night. That info is the one I pasted on my first post.

I hope this helps to clarify things somewhat
Old May 22, 2014, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would shut down PC themn restart it see if it still happens ,
Old May 22, 2014, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

See if it happens again after a restart. If it does, run memtest.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old May 22, 2014, 07:58 PM
Rookie

If that doesn't work, you should check your Windows update folder to see if perhaps, those updates were unsuccessful. Maybe uninstall those updates and reinstall? Make sure your .net installations are all good.