Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2014, 11:37 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Mouse and KB issues

Hi,

I am having a odd intermittent issue in Windows 8.1 with my mouse and keyboard.

My mouse will randomly start to do weird things like double clicking a short cut will open up the properties, right clicking on the desktop will flash on and off. My keyboard wont register key presses. At this point i need to restart and then all is well, it happens maybe 3 times a week or so?

Here is a link to a quick cell phone vid of the mouse problem.

Windows 8 mouse Issue - YouTube

Any ideas? It's getting annoying!

System specs:

Logitech G510 KB + Logitech G700 Mouse
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHZ
Corsair Vengeance 16GB
EVGA GTX 780 Dual Classified
Crucial M4 120GB - Intel 180GB SSD- WD Black 500GB
Corsair HX850

TYIA!

Last edited by Randylahey; April 10, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old April 10, 2014, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would first check to make sure this isn't happening on a different system, then I would try different usb ports if you can even try and go into the device manager and remove the keyboard and them mouse ( uninstall) and then reboot after the reboot the system should re install the driver. the one thing I hate to admit about microsofts windows 8.1 is that it is good at detecting the hardware it is so goo that you can actually make windows 8.1 into a fully portable Operating system, I know this because I have windows 8.1 on a usb Pendrive and I have plugged it into 6 different PC's and laptops and then booted from the usb it loads windows 8.1 and detected the needed hardware automatically without any problems .
if the problems still happens try a system repair and if that doesn't work and it isn't your motherboard starting to go then maye backup everything and do a reinstall
Old April 10, 2014, 01:00 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

trying a new mouse, uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers. Will keep an eye on it. thx