Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2014, 04:19 PM
Rookie

Default video card grinding noise?

hello,
i have a gtx 560 ti twin frozor 2 and for some reason, it started to make some very weird fan noise when I start my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, and then it returns back to normal fan noise for few minutes later.There's nothing wrong with performance, it just makes loud noise that it annoys me a lot every time I start the computer.

I found this out by touching one of the video card fans when it was making sound and the noise stopped.

I also cleaned the dust too and still made noise.

Does this mean that I need to replace my video card for a new one? Because it never happened before for 1st year use.

I need some suggestions.

Old March 8, 2014, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

replace fan or lube it sounds bearings are worn out

peel back sticker on backside of fan to get at bearing
Old March 8, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kee23 View Post
hello,
i have a gtx 560 ti twin frozor 2 and for some reason, it started to make some very weird fan noise when I start my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, and then it returns back to normal fan noise for few minutes later.There's nothing wrong with performance, it just makes loud noise that it annoys me a lot every time I start the computer.

I found this out by touching one of the video card fans when it was making sound and the noise stopped.

I also cleaned the dust too and still made noise.

Does this mean that I need to replace my video card for a new one? Because it never happened before for 1st year use.

I need some suggestions.

Those cards are notoroious for fan failures. Sounds like yours is happening too. Time for a RMA if you can.
Old March 8, 2014, 05:02 PM
Rookie

nope. can't. its 4 year old video card now
Old March 8, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kee23 View Post
nope. can't. its 4 year old video card now
Then look into a aftermarket cooler or see if you can find someone with the replacement cooler.
Old March 8, 2014, 07:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

aftermarket fan, fan replacement, new card, either way don't wait for the fan to completely fail