Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2014, 12:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so 2 weeks after the BIOS update all is running fine, I changed the HDD on the chipset SATA ports, they are in IDE mode and seem to be working fine.
Old April 2, 2014, 02:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am sad to report that the problem came back with vengeance this morning : while I was listening to the music in the AMD Blobby Dancer screensaver and browsing the web the system rebooted out of the blue, for 4-5 times in a row. I had the 4th core unlocked for a few days but the cpu was downclocked at 2.9 GHz from the regular 3.2. So I reversed back to stock and after 3-4 reboots I am finally back to normal. I think I will just go with something else at this point. I am leaning a lot towards a Core i3 on LGA1155 or a Xeon mod LGA 771 setup on LGA775 with Intel P45 and DDR3.

So I just had another round of bluescreens : but this time I saw something interesting. Just out of curiosity I activated the RAID mode for the SATA channel and when the board was at the "Checking NVRAM" stage it gave a message saying "Not enough memory ...." it was very fast so I could not really see it completely. I reverted back to IDE mode and the message stopped appearing but the board would still not boot up, freezing at the Windows load screen. I removed two memory sticks and system booted just fine!

Will keep you in the loop how it goes.

Last edited by MARSTG; April 2, 2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: more issues