if same hardware in your sys spec's is a update for bios

 Date: August 10, 2011
 CBQ4510H.86A.0133.2011.0810.1010
 ME Firmware Revision: 5.2.40.1037
 Integrated Graphics Option ROM Revision: 1940
 SATA RAID Option ROM Revision: 8.6.0.1007
 PXE LAN Option ROM Revision: Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.65
Note:
After updating to BIOS version 0133 or newer, you must use the Recovery update method to revert to version 0129 or earlier.
New Fixes/Features:
 Updated the PXE ROM to version 1.3.65.
 Updated processor support.
 Fixed issue where Intel® Desktop Utilities displays no data when UEFI Boot is enabled.
 Fixed issue where the system hangs at POST code 45 when certain add-in cards are installed.
Old March 6, 2014, 02:13 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

If you are running stock settings and volts, having 4 sticks may induce instability. I've experienced this first-hand, especially on the lesser, cheaper boards.

Try increasing the voltage to the NB - or SB? I don't remember, been too long since I've played with one of them boards.
Old March 11, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It seems that the sata ports 1 to 4 are also failing, the system had 5 reboots today. Lady was quite exasperated so I gave her the LGA775 platform which is (still) rock solid. Given the fact that my GTX460 is not recognized on my Opteron rig (i get 1 long beep and 4 shorts when invalidating the onboard ATI ES1000 chip by jmper), what I will do I will just buy an additional pci express expansion SATA card and call it a day. I see that failing sata ports is quite an issue on the AMD platforms, I had this issue with my old 2P Opteron setup (nForce 3600 southbridge), a friend's pc also with nForce chipset and first generation Athlon X3, the Toliman core, and now an AMD 760G southbrige.
Old March 12, 2014, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I went today at Canada Computers in West Island (DDO) and for 30$ got a pcie X1 sata III controller card with the ASMedia 1601 chipset. I went for ASMedia after having read the article on Tomshardware about the SATA III add-on controllers, offering overall more performance than the Marvell chipsets, at the overall score, seems 15% more performance. Article here http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-ssd,3540.html
I also invalidated the onboard SATA chips in BIOS. So far all is good. In the windows installation I had on the Opteron system I added the controller first and installed the driver. My install kit is a Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 and the card was recognized instantly and was given a generic MS AHCI driver. I installed the ASMedia driver and rebooted twice. Then I installed the SSD on the card and rebooted from it just fine at next boot. Then I moved the SSD on the AMD 760G platform with the card installed and the system booted very well on it, despite being installed originally on the Opteron platform.

Last edited by MARSTG; March 12, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old March 12, 2014, 07:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice to be able to fix a PC now and then isn't it?
Old March 15, 2014, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My PC still has the issue, rebooted 3 times this morning one after another. All I was doing was browsing the web and watching a movie. SATA ports are invalidated from BIOS. Looks like memory issues? Sound is freezing for 2-3 seconds and then reboot. Should I try a sound card as well? I have an old Audigy 2 ZS.
Old March 15, 2014, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this is a little off topic but I remember when the internet back in the late 1990s a friend of mine was having a very simular problem with his PC when he fired it up it would boot then after a few seconds restart I was new at how PCs work and try a few things the third thing I tried was unplug his lan cable which cured the problem it ended up being some virus which I cannot rem ember the name of that effected windows xp when it was connected to the net.
the other things I tried before this was the PSU I pulled everything that wasn't needed thonking that the PU was Heating up or something like that .
when ever I run into a problem that makes my system act strange the first this I do is load up a live OS like linux then try testing my system to rule out the MS OS, because I have run into more problems with weird shutdowns or reboots with the MS operating systrem then any other OS I have tried actually the only time I ever had my system shut down with Linux was when I was folding and droped in some AMD ES chips on my Asus Mother board and after everal days of messing around figured out ( with the help of Dead things and others from a few other Forums) that my 6234 ES chips didn't play nce at all with my Asus 2p motherboard.
Old March 15, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes ok, but in my case I don`t have an ES chip.
Windows Ultimate x64 with all the updates. The same installation kit runs fine on the socket 775 platform.
I will go with a BIOS update, I know I don`t have the last one.
PSU is an Antec EarthWatts 650 powering a gtx 460. I can try the onboard video to see what it will do.
Then maybe remove some memory see if it will give any improvement.
Because otherwise I am looking at getting a cheap Haswell Pentium setup.
Old March 15, 2014, 07:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Honestly those cheap Haswell Pentiums are pretty good productivity/HTPC/budget gaming chips. Running one in my HTPC in my signature, runs more or less anything I throw at it - though I do run 720p due to my cheap TV.
HTPC: Pentium G3420, MSI H81i, 4GB G-Skill DDR3 1333, GeForce 650, 400GB Recertified Seagate, 1TB WD Caviar Green, 750GB WD Caviar Blue 2.5", Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced, Windows 7 x64, 32" Seiki LCD TV, Panasonic SA-HE75 5.1 Reciever
9x Gamer: eMachines eOne - 433 Mhz Celeron, 64 MB RAM, 8MB ATI Rage XL, 6GB HDD, Windows 98se
9x Gamer #2: 500 Mhz Pentium III, 512MB Ram, nVidia Geforce 5600, 20GB HDD, Windows ME
Old March 16, 2014, 07:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Updated the bios to latest version for my board this morning, version 1801. Says improves system stability. Will see for the long run.

One week after bios update the issues seem to be gone away. For the moment. Anyway, I think I will prepare a spare PC just in case. Maybe a nice Asus mobo with some ovc options on a lga775 platform with a core 2 duo with some overclocking left in the tank or maybe a 1156 platform with a core i3/i5.

Last edited by MARSTG; March 20, 2014 at 09:20 AM.