Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2014, 12:33 PM
Rookie

Default Computer not sending post signal motherboard reads FF

My system had been running completely fine until today when it just would not boot. Fans and water cooling system would run, case lit up, and displayed temps. There is no video out either. I have read around and not found anything helpful. I have had this problem in the past with this system and the 8pin power cable had started to slide out. I ensured it was in and tested it with no luck. Any advice?

Specs:
MoBo: XFX 780i SLI
CPU: Intel Duo 2 Quad Q6600
Graphics: EVGA Geforce 550 ti
PSU: (Not completely sure the brand but I manually tested it already) 850W
Ram: 2 packs of G.skill f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk ddr2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Case: (not sure if it matters) NZXT Guardian 921 b
Old February 28, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

FF.. 780i .. Dead board :

Best pull it all out and test run it on a cardboard box but being a 780i chipset gonna say not gonna look good.
Old February 28, 2014, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
FF.. 780i .. Dead board :

Best pull it all out and test run it on a cardboard box but being a 780i chipset gonna say not gonna look good.
I take it that the 780i chipset is not one for going all the way?
Old February 28, 2014, 09:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

At first I thought it might be the memory controller. The 680"s were notorious for this, especially with all 4 dim slots populated. I'm almost sure that was a C* code though. FF designates a boot issue. Could your hard drive maybe gone wonkers??

nForce 780i SLI Motherboard LED Code Messages
Old February 28, 2014, 10:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunately the nVidia chipset mobos were infamous for burning up. I've had a couple boards with the FF boot code, they were both fried.
Old February 28, 2014, 11:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Been a while since my 680, could have sworn it was a C-something error. Great O/C'er but short lived though.
Do a bit of investigating, all might not be lost. You may have "Lifetime Warranty". If you do its quite likely XFX will upgrade you to a newer chipset....does XFX even offer mobo's anymore???.
If not and a rma is approved then a gpu may be offered. Might be worthwhile looking into. Oh!! and lifetime means lifetime. Whatever they send you back still retains the original warranty.
Old March 1, 2014, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howpet View Post
Been a while since my 680, could have sworn it was a C-something error. Great O/C'er but short lived though.
Do a bit of investigating, all might not be lost. You may have "Lifetime Warranty". If you do its quite likely XFX will upgrade you to a newer chipset....does XFX even offer mobo's anymore???.
If not and a rma is approved then a gpu may be offered. Might be worthwhile looking into. Oh!! and lifetime means lifetime. Whatever they send you back still retains the original warranty.
Yeah I would check with xfx, but they no longer do mobos. I am asking for an rma. Let's hope for the best!

Tags
g.skill , intel , nvidia , post