Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2013, 12:59 PM
Rookie

Default Graphic card or monitor fault ?

i like to watching movies on my computer, so i noticed the movie picture and quality so bad and worse, i have reduce the noise and some setting but the picture still not smooth. any body know this fault came from card or monitor ?

graphic card Asus AMD R9 280X
monitor philips 227E4QHSD IPS
movie format MP4
Old December 4, 2013, 01:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What's the resolution on the MP4's you're watching? Try playing a DVD or Blueray on your system and see if you have the same issues.
Old December 4, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

This will depend on a whole lot of variables..
1) Source of movie
2) Size of movie
3) Player your using
Old December 5, 2013, 12:51 AM
Rookie

resolution of MP4 is 1080p blueray, when i watching at my PC is like watching DVD rip, but when i watching at my TV the picture so clear, i have tried alot player, adjusting AMD control center, setting my monitor but the problem do not solve
Old January 10, 2014, 09:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiex View Post
resolution of MP4 is 1080p blueray, when i watching at my PC is like watching DVD rip, but when i watching at my TV the picture so clear, i have tried alot player, adjusting AMD control center, setting my monitor but the problem do not solve
This might sound stupid, is your monitor set to the highest resolution it can handle? (I'm assuming it's 1080p, too lazy to google your screen monitor)

If the answer is yes, download a player called KMPlayer (that's what I'm using, no problem so far, except for the retarded Ads that pop up everytime you want to lunch something) (Keep the default settings and try if it works)

What's the video card driver that you are using?

Is it the same in every movie or just this one?
Old January 10, 2014, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is the TV connected to the same computer or are you using something else to play the movie to the TV? If you are using a different device to play the video, can you run a connection from the computer to any other TV/Monitor other than the one with the issue? Do you have a second cable to try for your monitor (unlikely a cable, but you never know).

If the video from the computer displays well on one screen and not on another (and they are the same resolution), then it very likely is an issue with the monitor in my opinion.