Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 install MISSING? License violation?

I ran a bootrec.exe /ScanOs and the results are shocking:
Total indentified windows installations: 0

Windows will not boot or start up after it was working, packed it up, moved it in my truck, set it up again. I can get the boot screen with the windows logo but as soon as the windows logo goes away [I get a flash of a BSOD and then] the computer restarts. Windows restore/startup have not fixed anything. Next time it starts I get the windows did not start-up properly and need to try the windows startup repair, but then it just fails and the same problem repeats. It would appear that my SSD my have had a problem or something fried? I honestly have no clue...

got a picture by recording a video and going frame by frame to find it.

Last edited by draemn; December 3, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old December 3, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I should mention that I wasn't getting a BSOD at first so I found an IOS (X17-24281) to create a bootable USB drive for windows 7 SP1 and I started to get the BSOD after I did a system restore via the usb boot drive.

I gave up on trying to salvage this, so now I am just using the usb to re-install windows on the drive to see if my SSD is at least still good. I'm just assuming this IOS is win7 professional 64 bit version compatible, but I don't actually know.
Old December 3, 2013, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I re-installed windows and when using the 'copy over from windows.old' stuff, I ran into a huge roadblock... freaking get to the login screen and it logs me out as soon as I log in by having my previous /users/{name} in the new location... mother ********* when I try to hide/remove the user folder, I get logged into this blank desktop that has no icons, no start menu/bar, nothing... just my mouse cursor and a bluish background and ctr+alt+del works... but I can't do anything it is useles... if I stick with the "default" User directory I can't log in because I get an error that it can't be loaded.
Old December 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Well, I re-installed windows and when using the 'copy over from windows.old' stuff, I ran into a huge roadblock... freaking get to the login screen and it logs me out as soon as I log in by having my previous /users/{name} in the new location... mother ********* when I try to hide/remove the user folder, I get logged into this blank desktop that has no icons, no start menu/bar, nothing... just my mouse cursor and a bluish background and ctr+alt+del works... but I can't do anything it is useles... if I stick with the "default" User directory I can't log in because I get an error that it can't be loaded.
this might help Bug Check 0x9A: SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION (Windows Debuggers)
Old December 11, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

if you can run task manager maybe you can load control panel and create a new user? Sounds like your user folder is corrupt which is why it's always a good idea to have 2 users on any computer with admin. Should be able to access all the files in the windows.old folder yah?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.