Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

those results arent really solid by any means, in some cases sure it would yield lower temps as you have the fans blowing across the system.

gpus that exhaust in in the case would flow across the cpu and up through the rad causing hotter air

in that case youd want side and top exaust, and rear and font intake.
Old November 19, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengillon View Post
reverse direction of rad fans, heat rises.

most airflow in cases tipically come front or bottom intake and top and rear are exhaust.
heat goes where you tell it to go. Fans direct it. Just so everyone is aware we aren't talking about convection heating/cooling here.

Yes heat rises but it's not gonna rise INTO fans blowing in and just stay there... its gonna get sucked out the 1st exhausting fan it has the opportunity too.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengillon View Post
those results arent really solid by any means, in some cases sure it would yield lower temps as you have the fans blowing across the system.

gpus that exhaust in in the case would flow across the cpu and up through the rad causing hotter air

in that case youd want side and top exaust, and rear and font intake.
Sorry that's incorrect. If you exhaust the video cards through the top you'll end up with an overall hotter case temp and 5-10c higher on the CPU. The cpu is cooled via water... so the video cards have little to no affect on the cpu temps in the current configuration. If you reverse the fans on the rad you'll not see much better cooling on the GPU's trust me.

The cars we drive every day don't cool the engine by pulling heat through the rad from the motor do they? Computers are no different bud.

The OP would be better off installing a couple side panel fans blowing fresh cooler air into the case and exhausting everything through a slightly faster RPM fan in the top-rear exhaust fan.

And just to be clear... I reversed my fans on the top rad and I am experiencing MUCH better temps and far better performance on the overclocks. Positive pressure for the win.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.