Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW_Geeks_51 View Post
sorry for not editing

it's just not normal that this one give me more problem than a suposedly slower 9800 GTX+......probably a driver issue somewhere,i heard Nasty stuff about Catalyst(BTW using Windows 7 64-Bit)

If anyone hear about anything like it Please post

Thanks for your help!
There is more issues running XFire and SLI than there is with ATI cards and their drivers in general.

Disable XFire and see if the issue still persists.
Old November 9, 2013, 07:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

just disable Catalyst AI everything seems fine

Thak you!!!!
Old November 10, 2013, 12:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

if you are not using the proper drivers for the 4870x2 it will make a difference, which driver I do not know it has been many years since the 4870x2 was released.
the x2 is a dual gpu card, the 9800 is a single gpu card so there will be differences depending on the game being played, not all games scale with dual gpu and can cause slow downs, not all games play the same with an AMD card as a Nvidia card, so is it more powerful yes by far but, don't expect miracles in everything you do with it, it is an older card, it is a dual gpu card, there is lots of "little things" that can cause issues.

How much system ram do you have, and what are all your other "specs" this might help, as will making sure the rest of the system drivers are where they should be.

And make sure the Nvidia graphics drivers are no longer present, we use driver sweeper type programs to make sure you install "clean" drivers when you update graphics drivers or go from one card to another, it can prevent some issues from happening.

But yeh, 2500k is not going to be slowing down from a graphics card, unless you were running a bad board or many many gpu in that board, so I think you are miswording it as you are expecting it to be faster then it is that's all, so yes there can be an issue, start with the driver cleaning first.
Old November 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

download HW monitor or GPUZ and find out what temps your amd card is running at when playing WOW.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 11, 2013, 01:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow hates xfire.

Tags
4870x2 slow cpu