Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2013, 10:23 AM
Rookie

Default New Build Device manager problem

I built a computer using the A10-5800k paired with the HD6670 video card I am also using a MSI motherboard (A85XMA-E35).
The problem I have discovered is that when I go into the device manger there is an other device there, that shows pci device and sm bus controller both have the yellow exclamation mark next to them.

Prior to noticing this I had updated my motherboard to the latest version(2.2), which fixed a minor issue I was having. According to the MSI Live update I have version 13.152.1.8000 Chipset drivers. On the MSI website for my motherboard it shows AMD Chipset version 13.101.0.0. It seems based on the numeric values that I have the very latest of the Chipset already installed. Not sure what to do here, kind of lost.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
Old November 7, 2013, 10:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Did you try to reinstall the MB drivers after you updated the Bios? Might be worth pulling the drivers off and reinstalling them.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Not sure what to do as it seems the MSI site has a earlier version of the chipset drivers(based on numeric values-my initial post) on there. If I have a later version and I go back to an earlier version what are the consequences? I don't want to hose the MB.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis View Post
Not sure what to do as it seems the MSI site has a earlier version of the chipset drivers(based on numeric values-my initial post) on there. If I have a later version and I go back to an earlier version what are the consequences? I don't want to hose the MB.
1) Grab CD from motherboard box
2) Insert CD into cd drive
3) Autorun
4) Install ALL drivers
5) Update drivers later
Old November 7, 2013, 11:57 AM
Rookie

I have updated all drivers for this motherboard from the CD already (before the BIOS update). Not sure what going back is going to do, can you explain? Did you look at my initial post? Thanks for the help...
Old November 7, 2013, 12:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The drivers wont ruin the motherboard, Rolling back to an earlier driver wont do any physical harm
Old November 7, 2013, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis View Post
I have updated all drivers for this motherboard from the CD already (before the BIOS update). Not sure what going back is going to do, can you explain? Did you look at my initial post? Thanks for the help...
Then you missed one or having something plugged in that its not recognizing. Motherboard cds always come with all the drivers that are needed/required.
Old November 7, 2013, 12:30 PM
Rookie

New drama, I can't find my motherboard CD(I think my wife moved while cleaning GRRRR!!). Can I download the chipset drivers from MSI?
Old November 7, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think you're missing bluetooth drivers. Check that out. This same thing happened to me.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 7, 2013, 01:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Can we get a Mod to move this into the Troubleshooting section?