Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2013, 12:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Boot logo bug or...?

Hey guys!

Just received my new video card, so I install it and proceed to boot...and then I get those bizarro boot screens where the logo is on both screen and not even fullscreen with random color line under the logo or some random shit with a part of bios post... (see upper picture for example), bios post is on both screens too on startup, bios on both screens when going into it, what the **** is up with that? Any way to change this to bring it to the usual bootscreen (see picture #2 - bottom one representing my normal boot logo, how it should be...) where the logo is only on 1 screen and is actually fullscreen?

Besides that there's no problem...just mindbogglingly annoying.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lamb; October 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old October 29, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

what was your old card and wha tis your new card? it looks like you need to either uninstall the drivers and reinstall newer driver
Old October 29, 2013, 01:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It might be a good idea if you tell us, what videocard produced this strange error. If nothing else is wrong, I would blame the video card bios, but that is just a shoot in the dark, because I really have no clue, when I did not even know what graphic card you are talking about!

It is the MSI GTX 580 Lighting he have in the system specs?
Probably not, because he speak about "new" video card. Did he managed to update it's rig specs? Or it is a old specs and he got a new card? Questions, questions... you know.
Old October 29, 2013, 02:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

My old card was an MSI 580GTX Lighting and the new card is an Asus R9 280X, I'll check to see if there's some way to clean them drivers...

System specs arent updated yet.

Last edited by Lamb; October 29, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old October 29, 2013, 02:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wiped Nvidia's components using driver sweeper & reinstalled ATI's drivers - same results. Would have liked to know what caused this or how to fix but oh well, getting the rest of my new parts within a week and will do a fresh install from there. I'll hit you guys up if the same ''bug'' occurs.