Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default which software to recover files from damaged harddrive?

this hard drive was banged and then the OS wouldn't boot I tried multiple things to get it up and running but nothing worked. I then pulled the drive out of the laptop it was in and plugged it into one of my PC's and everything showed up on the drive all the windows folders and such but like an idiot I moved my Monitor which pressed on my power block switch and it turned off everything that was plugged into it so I hard to turn the switch back on and fire up my system again but this time I couldn't access the hard drive at all.

is there any other software out there that is good that would be able to recover files off of the drive

I just want to try and recover some pictures and music and whatever other personal files I can off of a damaged/messed up laptop hard drive.
I was running Stellar Phoenix and it showed one of the photos in the small screen that are on the drive but it hasn't moved past 2% on the scanner since late yesterday afternoon.
Old October 29, 2013, 07:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Iv used recuvue for prob I had last month it cost me $29 for pro version. But did great job in free version.
Old October 29, 2013, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I will try that . I am wondering if I could try one then try another and just keep going lol.
Old October 29, 2013, 10:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's pretty good has a set of extensions to look for file types when my external wiped itself only thing I reall. Lost was 12 seasond of the good csi lol.