Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2013, 07:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Saw your thread and thought battery like everyone else...

Did you use a brand-new battery? Could be the very rare chance that you used a bad battery.

Other than that, do check to make sure no 'reset cmos' button or jumper has been activated, and that there are no objects behind the mobo creating a short. Some of these board have a replaceable bios or cmos.
If it's not the battery then this would be my second guess as well, with a short running a close second.

After that... honestly it's probably time to find a new motherboard.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 25, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well I don't have this installed inside a case but I checked the jumper and guess what there isn't one I do remember that I seen on laying down beside the motherboard just as I was putting everything together it must have came off some how.
will not having a jumper cause this to reset? I put the jumper back on and am hoping that this is the cause.
well I shut down and unplugged my PSU let it sit for a little while then fired it back up it seems to have cured the problem. if that is the case I am happy but at the same time feel kind of silly not thinking of that in the first place.
Old October 25, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
well I don't have this installed inside a case but I checked the jumper and guess what there isn't one I do remember that I seen on laying down beside the motherboard just as I was putting everything together it must have came off some how.
will not having a jumper cause this to reset? I put the jumper back on and am hoping that this is the cause.
well I shut down and unplugged my PSU let it sit for a little while then fired it back up it seems to have cured the problem. if that is the case I am happy but at the same time feel kind of silly not thinking of that in the first place.
Jumper always needs to be on the bios clear_cmos pins. If its not it will as you found out cause issues.
Old October 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

cool .
I do have another non related question it has been a little while since I have been in this AMD bios and I noticed that in the memory setting there is a ecc activation enable disable does tha tmean that this mother board supports both ecc and non ecc ram the only other time I have seen this is on my asus server AMD motherboard
Old October 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Shadowmeph

great saved you getting another battery or MB

always check jumpers chickletts aren't sucked in the vacume while cleaning