Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2013, 06:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Issues using XMP profile on X79S-UP5-WIFI

I just got this board and I cannot get the xmp profile to work for memory. I have updated to the latest bios F4. I have populated all 4 sticks on the outside or grey memory slots. When I try to boot up using the inside or black slots, i get into a boot cycle and cannot boot.

When using the grey slots if I boot the mobo with xmp profile, it will not boot. I have tried manually changing the memory voltage to 1.6v.

I am using an I7 3820 and here is the model number of the memory, I am using two kits or 4 sticks:

F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH

I have tried booting up with each stick on the grey slot and it works. I have also used the same memory on MSI Z77 Mpower board and recently Rampage 3 extreme, although I only used 3 sticks.

What do you think? I am thinking it's the mobo, but let me know if I can try anything else?

EDIT: while on default bios setting, I was just gaming D3, and my whole system shut down, rebooted and then went back to D3 and froze.

I am using a galaxy gtx 670, that I have been using fora while in different other set ups.

Last edited by Your_friendly_gamer; October 22, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old October 22, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

XMP != Compatibility or will work

I have ran into issues with XMP before and found it was simply easier to just setup up the ram with proper defaults and go from there.
Old October 22, 2013, 06:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I tried that as well, I am now having issues with freezing. Is there anyway I can roll back to F1 bios? I checked gigabyte's site adn they only ahve F4 that I just updated to?
Old October 22, 2013, 07:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I found F1 bios but when I try to update it, it wont let me. I tried saving it on a usb stick and use Qflash but that didnt work either.
Attached Images

Old October 22, 2013, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Probably have to update the bios from within the bios or using a dos flash tool
Old October 22, 2013, 08:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

YEa I dont know how to do that, have stability issues all over the place. Even at default settings in bios, i get error that something wasnt stable and to do restore default settings.
Old October 23, 2013, 05:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am getting random reboots while playing D3, I tried GTX 670 and a GTX 560. I did contact the seller and he was super nice enough to exchange it for a different board. any other suggestions?
Old October 27, 2013, 02:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

anyone?

I have set the memory timings manually to 1333mhz 9 9 9 24 1.6v but i still have same issues. I also formatted my hd and re-installed windows and downloaded and installed all the drivers again. same shit. I have tried some AMD entertainment ram 4x4 gig and no help at all. Any suggestions?

I have not been able to play D3 for a few days and I got back to work tomorrow, that means i wont have much time to play all week:(

As soon as I load any games, after a few mins the pc shuts down. I have swapped everything I could, have tested it with a Galaxy gtx 670, zotac 680amp and an asus gtx 560. same problem
Old October 27, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
anyone?

I have set the memory timings manually to 1333mhz 9 9 9 24 1.6v but i still have same issues. I also formatted my hd and re-installed windows and downloaded and installed all the drivers again. same shit. I have tried some AMD entertainment ram 4x4 gig and no help at all. Any suggestions?

I have not been able to play D3 for a few days and I got back to work tomorrow, that means i wont have much time to play all week:(

As soon as I load any games, after a few mins the pc shuts down. I have swapped everything I could, have tested it with a Galaxy gtx 670, zotac 680amp and an asus gtx 560. same problem
Have you ran memtest? Have you run a gpu test?
Old October 27, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My EVGA is fun you need to burn ISO CD fore BIOS changes.

Time learn new things ??