Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/)
-   -   Issues using XMP profile on X79S-UP5-WIFI (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/63731-issues-using-xmp-profile-x79s-up5-wifi.html)

Your_friendly_gamer October 22, 2013 05:08 PM

Issues using XMP profile on X79S-UP5-WIFI

I just got this board and I cannot get the xmp profile to work for memory. I have updated to the latest bios F4. I have populated all 4 sticks on the outside or grey memory slots. When I try to boot up using the inside or black slots, i get into a boot cycle and cannot boot.

When using the grey slots if I boot the mobo with xmp profile, it will not boot. I have tried manually changing the memory voltage to 1.6v.

I am using an I7 3820 and here is the model number of the memory, I am using two kits or 4 sticks:

F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH

I have tried booting up with each stick on the grey slot and it works. I have also used the same memory on MSI Z77 Mpower board and recently Rampage 3 extreme, although I only used 3 sticks.

What do you think? I am thinking it's the mobo, but let me know if I can try anything else?

EDIT: while on default bios setting, I was just gaming D3, and my whole system shut down, rebooted and then went back to D3 and froze.

I am using a galaxy gtx 670, that I have been using fora while in different other set ups.

enaberif October 22, 2013 05:37 PM

XMP != Compatibility or will work

I have ran into issues with XMP before and found it was simply easier to just setup up the ram with proper defaults and go from there.

Your_friendly_gamer October 22, 2013 05:59 PM

I tried that as well, I am now having issues with freezing. Is there anyway I can roll back to F1 bios? I checked gigabyte's site adn they only ahve F4 that I just updated to?

Your_friendly_gamer October 22, 2013 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found F1 bios but when I try to update it, it wont let me. I tried saving it on a usb stick and use Qflash but that didnt work either.

enaberif October 22, 2013 06:15 PM

Probably have to update the bios from within the bios or using a dos flash tool

Your_friendly_gamer October 22, 2013 07:27 PM

YEa I dont know how to do that, have stability issues all over the place. Even at default settings in bios, i get error that something wasnt stable and to do restore default settings.

Your_friendly_gamer October 23, 2013 04:20 PM

I am getting random reboots while playing D3, I tried GTX 670 and a GTX 560. I did contact the seller and he was super nice enough to exchange it for a different board. any other suggestions?

Your_friendly_gamer October 27, 2013 01:50 PM

anyone?

I have set the memory timings manually to 1333mhz 9 9 9 24 1.6v but i still have same issues. I also formatted my hd and re-installed windows and downloaded and installed all the drivers again. same shit. I have tried some AMD entertainment ram 4x4 gig and no help at all. Any suggestions?

I have not been able to play D3 for a few days and I got back to work tomorrow, that means i wont have much time to play all week:(

As soon as I load any games, after a few mins the pc shuts down. I have swapped everything I could, have tested it with a Galaxy gtx 670, zotac 680amp and an asus gtx 560. same problem

enaberif October 27, 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer (Post 737043)
anyone?

I have set the memory timings manually to 1333mhz 9 9 9 24 1.6v but i still have same issues. I also formatted my hd and re-installed windows and downloaded and installed all the drivers again. same shit. I have tried some AMD entertainment ram 4x4 gig and no help at all. Any suggestions?

I have not been able to play D3 for a few days and I got back to work tomorrow, that means i wont have much time to play all week:(

As soon as I load any games, after a few mins the pc shuts down. I have swapped everything I could, have tested it with a Galaxy gtx 670, zotac 680amp and an asus gtx 560. same problem

Have you ran memtest? Have you run a gpu test?

ZZLEE October 27, 2013 02:45 PM

My EVGA is fun you need to burn ISO CD fore BIOS changes.

Time learn new things ??