Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
You can't be serious? Not sure if you have read all my notes. I have used different things to run on the same outlet, and different outlet.

Before I got this board, I was using a few mins before, Rampage 3 exteme with 930 oc'd to 4.0ghz, with an oc'd gtx 670. There is no way there is an issue there, I have swapped all parts except the mobo and the ups. I am getting adifferent mobo hopefully by tomorrow and lets see if I was right. This mother board had issues from the get go. And i have no idea why are you telling me that there are no issues with mobos again. I change system set ups, at least 2-3 times a month. And the only mobos i've ever had issues with was long time ago 890-fx-ud5, amd stuff and very rarely i had one issue with an asus z77 mobo that I sold to someone. I swapped it for them and they had no issues.
I am being VERY serious. Electronics can vary from one to another in regards to how they are affected by power spikes or voltage changes.

You even just said yourself you haven't had an issue with a mainboard in a long time.. should that not tell you something?

And why are you being so adament that just because you plugged a few things into an outlet that the power is good? Have you tested the outlet? Tested the power? Tried a good ups?
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I am being VERY serious. Electronics can vary from one to another in regards to how they are affected by power spikes or voltage changes.

You even just said yourself you haven't had an issue with a mainboard in a long time.. should that not tell you something?

And why are you being so adament that just because you plugged a few things into an outlet that the power is good? Have you tested the outlet? Tested the power? Tried a good ups?
It's just really frustrating for me, I am going to borrow a friend's set up and plug it in and go from there. The mobo is a bust, I am sure of it. but I dont have a ups or a tester nor I am spending anymore money for this.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 11:06 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
It's just really frustrating for me, I am going to borrow a friend's set up and plug it in and go from there. The mobo is a bust, I am sure of it. but I dont have a ups or a tester nor I am spending anymore money for this.
You could very well be right. But what happens if the board you are getting fails again? You still going to say its a motherboard issue?

A good UPS is a very cheap investement and will protect thousands.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 11:08 AM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You could very well be right. But what happens if the board you are getting fails again? You still going to say its a motherboard issue?

A good UPS is a very cheap investement and will protect thousands.

of course not, then at that time, i will get a ups. I will know tonight if it's the power, as i will be using my friend's 3770K with z77 gd65 mobo tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 11:13 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
of course not, then at that time, i will get a ups. I will know tonight if it's the power, as i will be using my friend's 3770K with z77 gd65 mobo tonight.
LOL willing to risk someone elses stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2013, 11:35 AM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

Actually it's a friend, like i posted before, i know it's rare. But thats what friends do.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old November 1, 2013, 09:54 AM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

Got my replacement mobo Asus P9X79. Works like a dream, xmp yes 100 percent supported!!!!!

The two hd's are busted. The issue was the naked fan wires that were hiddent behind the cage, and i think it shortened them. Tried out my friend's pc too and no issues.

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old November 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

so sick, i am so happy to get a working mobo again!!!


CPU-Z Validator 4.0

So sick. Just getting started, this is by the asus auto tune, using Antec 920, max temps only 65 degrees, i think I can get to 5.0np, as long as my temps are 75 or less, i am cool
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old November 2, 2013, 11:29 AM
Your_friendly_gamer's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 664

My System Specs

Default

4.8

CPU-Z Validator 4.0
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI vs Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI? SAS CPU's and Motherboards 2 September 20, 2013 03:33 PM
using router wifi if PC doesn't have wifi card? Shadowmeph Networking 12 May 4, 2013 05:47 PM
Intel Xeon E5-2680 and GIGABYTE X79S-UP5 Server Level Performance windwithme CPU's and Motherboards 7 October 28, 2012 11:56 AM
RDC over local Wifi vs remote wifi vs 3G Generic User #2 O/S's, Drivers & General Software 3 January 23, 2012 07:14 AM
Thermaltake Launches Low-Profile CPU Cooler SlimX3 Ideal for Low Profile PCs and HTPCs FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 15 April 5, 2010 03:56 PM