Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
You can't be serious? Not sure if you have read all my notes. I have used different things to run on the same outlet, and different outlet.

Before I got this board, I was using a few mins before, Rampage 3 exteme with 930 oc'd to 4.0ghz, with an oc'd gtx 670. There is no way there is an issue there, I have swapped all parts except the mobo and the ups. I am getting adifferent mobo hopefully by tomorrow and lets see if I was right. This mother board had issues from the get go. And i have no idea why are you telling me that there are no issues with mobos again. I change system set ups, at least 2-3 times a month. And the only mobos i've ever had issues with was long time ago 890-fx-ud5, amd stuff and very rarely i had one issue with an asus z77 mobo that I sold to someone. I swapped it for them and they had no issues.
I am being VERY serious. Electronics can vary from one to another in regards to how they are affected by power spikes or voltage changes.

You even just said yourself you haven't had an issue with a mainboard in a long time.. should that not tell you something?

And why are you being so adament that just because you plugged a few things into an outlet that the power is good? Have you tested the outlet? Tested the power? Tried a good ups?
Old October 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I am being VERY serious. Electronics can vary from one to another in regards to how they are affected by power spikes or voltage changes.

You even just said yourself you haven't had an issue with a mainboard in a long time.. should that not tell you something?

And why are you being so adament that just because you plugged a few things into an outlet that the power is good? Have you tested the outlet? Tested the power? Tried a good ups?
It's just really frustrating for me, I am going to borrow a friend's set up and plug it in and go from there. The mobo is a bust, I am sure of it. but I dont have a ups or a tester nor I am spending anymore money for this.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
It's just really frustrating for me, I am going to borrow a friend's set up and plug it in and go from there. The mobo is a bust, I am sure of it. but I dont have a ups or a tester nor I am spending anymore money for this.
You could very well be right. But what happens if the board you are getting fails again? You still going to say its a motherboard issue?

A good UPS is a very cheap investement and will protect thousands.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You could very well be right. But what happens if the board you are getting fails again? You still going to say its a motherboard issue?

A good UPS is a very cheap investement and will protect thousands.

of course not, then at that time, i will get a ups. I will know tonight if it's the power, as i will be using my friend's 3770K with z77 gd65 mobo tonight.
Old October 31, 2013, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
of course not, then at that time, i will get a ups. I will know tonight if it's the power, as i will be using my friend's 3770K with z77 gd65 mobo tonight.
LOL willing to risk someone elses stuff?
Old October 31, 2013, 11:35 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Actually it's a friend, like i posted before, i know it's rare. But thats what friends do.
Old November 1, 2013, 09:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Got my replacement mobo Asus P9X79. Works like a dream, xmp yes 100 percent supported!!!!!

The two hd's are busted. The issue was the naked fan wires that were hiddent behind the cage, and i think it shortened them. Tried out my friend's pc too and no issues.

Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

so sick, i am so happy to get a working mobo again!!!

CPU-Z Validator 4.0

So sick. Just getting started, this is by the asus auto tune, using Antec 920, max temps only 65 degrees, i think I can get to 5.0np, as long as my temps are 75 or less, i am cool
Old November 2, 2013, 11:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

CPU-Z Validator 4.0