Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yea just ran memtest, and with 9 9 9 27 30 1333mhz and no issues at all. but when i did ran it with xmp i got errors. I also tried all pci e slots for the video cards and the issue is when gaming it shuts down.

Last edited by Your_friendly_gamer; October 27, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old October 27, 2013, 04:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
yea just ran memtest, and with 9 9 9 27 30 1333mhz and no issues at all. but when i did ran it with xmp i got errors. I also tried all pci e slots for the video cards and the issue is when gaming it shuts down.
Only when gaming? So under load...

Tried a different power supply? Just in case.
Old October 27, 2013, 05:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yea thats the only thing I havent tried. I was using the same PSU AX 850 on a rampage 3 extreme and an I7 930 at 4.06ghz along with gtx 670 with it. And I had no issues. I really think there is an issue with the board and after I updated the bios to F4, i have not had any success with it at all.
Old October 27, 2013, 05:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Try unplugging and replugging all, a bad connection on the motherboard maybe?
Old October 29, 2013, 12:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yea I did that last night and tried it. It was looking very good for less than 3 mins when I was playing D3, my barb was slaying some elites and son of a *************** ***************** ************* shut down again. Luckily the great seller is sending me a replacement board today. He is probably pissed off a bit with me. Hopefully I will get it by Thursday and by the weekend I can game again. This was so frustrating.
Old October 29, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yea I did that last night and tried it. It was looking very good for less than 3 mins when I was playing D3, my barb was slaying some elites and son of a *************** ***************** ************* shut down again. Luckily the great seller is sending me a replacement board today. He is probably pissed off a bit with me. Hopefully I will get it by Thursday and by the weekend I can game again. This was so frustrating.
You know it could simply be the power coming out of your wall. I suggest getting a UPS first and foremost and see if that helps.
Old October 30, 2013, 06:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Today, I was so frustrated, I borrowed a friend's AX860, brought the pc upstairs, and used a different outlet. I dont have a UPS. Plugged everything, things looked promising, and now the mobo wont even recognize any hdds or ssd's. I was so mad, I tried every single sata port, sas port, and the sata 3 ports. No help, changed my sata cables, no help. Thought may be the psu is a bust? Took out the ax860, changed all the cables, plugged in the ax850, cleared cmos. And some bs.

This has been the most frustrating experience, I have ever experienced. I am glad I didnt buy a ups as I almost did.

I have packed up the board and its ready to be shipped, just waiting for a replacement board from the seller.

:a ngry2::dot s:
Old October 31, 2013, 08:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

lmao...
Old October 31, 2013, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Today, I was so frustrated, I borrowed a friend's AX860, brought the pc upstairs, and used a different outlet. I dont have a UPS. Plugged everything, things looked promising, and now the mobo wont even recognize any hdds or ssd's. I was so mad, I tried every single sata port, sas port, and the sata 3 ports. No help, changed my sata cables, no help. Thought may be the psu is a bust? Took out the ax860, changed all the cables, plugged in the ax850, cleared cmos. And some bs.

This has been the most frustrating experience, I have ever experienced. I am glad I didnt buy a ups as I almost did.

I have packed up the board and its ready to be shipped, just waiting for a replacement board from the seller.

:a ngry2::dot s:
You do realize that bad power either from a power supply or from the outlet can cause massive electrical issues to the point of hardware failure? Motherboards are very RARELY ever bad anymore and usually when they are its due to some other failure.

I still say invest in a UPS to protect your shit.
Old October 31, 2013, 09:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You do realize that bad power either from a power supply or from the outlet can cause massive electrical issues to the point of hardware failure? Motherboards are very RARELY ever bad anymore and usually when they are its due to some other failure.

I still say invest in a UPS to protect your shit.
You can't be serious? Not sure if you have read all my notes. I have used different things to run on the same outlet, and different outlet.

Before I got this board, I was using a few mins before, Rampage 3 exteme with 930 oc'd to 4.0ghz, with an oc'd gtx 670. There is no way there is an issue there, I have swapped all parts except the mobo and the ups. I am getting adifferent mobo hopefully by tomorrow and lets see if I was right. This mother board had issues from the get go. And i have no idea why are you telling me that there are no issues with mobos again. I change system set ups, at least 2-3 times a month. And the only mobos i've ever had issues with was long time ago 890-fx-ud5, amd stuff and very rarely i had one issue with an asus z77 mobo that I sold to someone. I swapped it for them and they had no issues.