Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2013, 10:42 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default MSI RMA

I have to RMA my Z87-G45 mobo. Lately I have been getting a lot of BSOD's, and I have already used chkdks, seagete tools, memtest 5.01 and swapped the video card, all to no avail.

For MSI RMA, should I phone the number found here http://ca.msi.com/about/contact-us/, or should I complete the online form found here MSI USA - RMA Request Form for End User

I want to drive to their RMA center and drop off my motherboard that needs replaced. I am assuming I can't just do that without first getting an RMA number, so which method do you reckon will provide the best outcome (fastest way, etc)

I would also like an advance replacement RMA, and since I would not be shipping but driving there, is it possible for them to have a replacement for me at the depot? Does MSI do this?
Talking about a motherboard I will pretty much be out of a computer until I get a replacement.
Old October 5, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Calling during regular business hours is usually a little faster, but since it's the weekend it'll be faster if you do it online. Just make sure to request a drop off.

The actual RMA is handled by a distributor, not MSI itself. You're unlikely to get a replacement on the spot unless they had a board ready and you got lucky, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask nicely ahead of time. The distributor receives and verifies the RMA and either the distributor or MSI sends out the replacement, depending on stock levels.