Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2013, 06:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Cannot get any video on X79 UD3 board and I7 2820

Hi guys,

I just tried to fire this up. Originally i used 4x4 gig Corsair vengence ram 1600mhz 1.5v. I booted up everything. Everything came on, vidoe card was running, hd spinning, cpu fan running but no beeps and no video at all. I tried a 2nd PCI e slot and same issue no video. I then changed the ram completely and only used one stick at a time in all slots. Same thing, nothing. I then removed the power cable from the psu and did power cycle and cleared cmos by removing the batterfy for a few minutes. Put everything back together and this time used patriot ram, only 1 stick. Again same thing no video at all, and worst of all no beeps.

I then took out the motherboard from the case, and laid it on the mobo box, and then connected everthing and this time used 1 stick at a time with corsair ram, again no video, hd was spinning, cpu fan was running but again no video.

Can anyone help??

EDIT: I dont know the bios version, but its version 1.0 for the motherboard.
Old August 19, 2013, 07:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Fixed the issue, it was the faulty video card:(
Old August 20, 2013, 04:48 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Hi guys,

I just tried to fire this up. Originally i used 4x4 gig Corsair vengence ram 1600mhz 1.5v. I booted up everything. Everything came on, vidoe card was running, hd spinning, cpu fan running but no beeps and no video at all. I tried a 2nd PCI e slot and same issue no video. I then changed the ram completely and only used one stick at a time in all slots. Same thing, nothing. I then removed the power cable from the psu and did power cycle and cleared cmos by removing the batterfy for a few minutes. Put everything back together and this time used patriot ram, only 1 stick. Again same thing no video at all, and worst of all no beeps.

I then took out the motherboard from the case, and laid it on the mobo box, and then connected everthing and this time used 1 stick at a time with corsair ram, again no video, hd was spinning, cpu fan was running but again no video.

Can anyone help??

EDIT: I dont know the bios version, but its version 1.0 for the motherboard.
I had quite a similar problem when I changed from x58, i7-930 & GTX580 to Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3, i7-3820, 4x8GB and Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream.

I got to the BIOS (UEFI) screen but then the booting jammed. Keyboard didn't work (keyboard buffer ringed full), except ctrl-alt-del which worked as expected.

My old GTX580 booted perfectly with the new motherboard/processor combination.

The problem was that motheraboard's BIOS was initially set to UEFI -mode, which worked for GTX580 but surprisingly not for the newer GTX780.

When I changed the BIOS settings from UEFI-mode Legacy BIOS-mode, system with GTX780 booted without further problems.
Old August 20, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yea... before I take mobo's out I strip everything I can off and see if it posts first and work from there...

Or take 1 thing off at a time.. but yea.. RMA time..

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"