Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default constant freezing

I have had freezes every day for the past week now like every 20 minutes so I have to make this post quick. I have done two windows memory diagnostics nothing went wrong and I just tried doing another and it froze during it. Could this be a sign of a dying psu or bad ram? Specs should be on my profile and I run windows 7 x64. I have overclocked and just recently went back to factory settings any help would be appreciated.

computer freezes playing games as well as just browsing and froze while doing a benchmark.
Old July 30, 2013, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

check your administrative logs ( event logs) to see what might be causing it, I know that as of lately my nvidia drivers have been causing freezes on my PC had to totally uninstall run ccleaner reg to get rid of the registry entries reboot and install the new drivers this happens to me about every other month or so
Old July 30, 2013, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well I mean gpu issues shouldn't be causing freezes when its not working while I do memory diagnostics that doesn't even run in windows. however I have errors and warnings in the event log that occur every start up and shut down. source diagnostics-performance, task category shutdown performance monitoring and boot performance monitoring.
Old July 30, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

do a hard drive test... failing hard drives can cause freezing and lock ups.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old July 30, 2013, 07:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I did one, after defaulting the bios ive had no problems no freezes so maybe it was my overclock? I wasn't getting any bluescreens but ever since everything has been running fine.
Old July 31, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I missed the part where you never reset to default your over clock was unstable well I am glad you figured that out .
But GPU and driver issues will cause freezes it has happened to me with Every Microsoft OS I have ever used it doesn't happen allot but it does happen sometimes I think with myself it is because of my Web browser that I use called Nightly builds ( Mozilla) it has issues in combination with my Nvidea drivers but has also happened just sitting idle I looked it up in the event log and it shows basic info for me to follow
Old July 31, 2013, 09:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Its weird because ive been running that overclock for a few months now and have had no such problems until recently.