Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Cant install Windows 7

I am getting the attached error message. Can someone please tlel me how to fix it? I have another board that I am going to try installing windows on that I borrowed from Skyllz. Thanks
Attached Images

Old June 25, 2013, 01:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Only have one drive connected while installing windows. Delete any existing partitions. It should install then.
Old June 25, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

i see OEM drive with hidden partition

Quote:
Dynamic disks provide features that basic disks do not, such as the ability to create volumes that span multiple disks (spanned and striped volumes) and the ability to create fault-tolerant volumes (mirrored and RAID-5 volumes). Like basic disks, dynamic disks can use the MBR or GPT partition styles on systems that support both. All volumes on dynamic disks are known as dynamic volumes. Dynamic disks offer greater flexibility for volume management because they use a database to track information about dynamic volumes on the disk and about other dynamic disks in the computer. Because each dynamic disk in a computer stores a replica of the dynamic disk database, for example, a corrupted dynamic disk database can repair one dynamic disk by using the database on another dynamic disk. The location of the database is determined by the partition style of the disk. On MBR partitions, the database is contained in the last 1 megabyte (MB) of the disk. On GPT partitions, the database is contained in a 1-MB reserved (hidden) partition.
install drive on working system, run disk management and remove partition (if not wanting the hidden info)

SJ correct but make sure your deleting correct drive
Old June 25, 2013, 04:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Only have one drive connected while installing windows. Delete any existing partitions. It should install then.
This.

It's also why for years now I always had 1 drive for windows and other drives for the rest of my stuff(documents, pics, torrents and games).

When shit hits the fan, I can easily wipe my windows drive and reinstall without loosing anything.

HDD are cheap nowadays, well worth the peace of mind.
Old June 25, 2013, 05:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Yes sir it worked. Thank you!!!

Thanks everyone, it had never happened to me before.
Old June 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

disconnect which ever drive you are not going to install the OS on and try again sometimes you might have to create a small 100mb partition on the drive then install the os on the rest of the drive.

ok just as I was about to post IO see that you did what SugarJ suggested and what I was about to suggest.